LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/20/11

A certain break to the north in DE was super fun. Size was there, it was lined up nice, and the rides were long.

Yeah, it was macking. 6 - 8 feet no doubt, where I was at was breaking on 1 ft of shore pound. I was trying too hard at first and later decided to just have fun. That's when my session turned on. Shaka to the surfers that had fun today.

I had a great time at nags head today, until the ride home and one the wright memorial bridge the block surf roof rack completely fail and destroyed the 4 boards it was holding, DON'T BUY BLOCK SURF ROOF RACKS unless of course you want your boards destroyed, then go for it.

p.s. sorry if i screwed up on the bold and underlining

Quote Originally Posted by Alm View Post
    I had a great time at nags head today, until the ride home and one the wright memorial bridge the block surf roof rack completely fail and destroyed the 4 boards it was holding, DON'T BUY BLOCK SURF ROOF RACKS unless of course you want your boards destroyed, then go for it.

p.s. sorry if i screwed up on the bold and underlining
    D*mn dude, that sucks big time. I'm sure the stiff wind didn't help any!

Images
    damn sounds like everywhere but VB was pumping! it was really fun here (3-4ft) for like and hour and a half where the winds went straight offshore and the swell picked up like 2 extra ft. There was some really fun little barrels and rippable waves on the inside. Then, like usual, it went to **** haha

YEah I was going to say, VB was stomach high for about an hour on the First Street cam, but there just wasnt enough swell to deal with that wind. I surfed Wednesday eveing and it was rideable, but not much more than that in terms of good or fun. Granted I hadnt surfed in over a week so I had to get on on it when i could. I would have surfed Thursday morning for sure, but ya know I cant slide out of work for just anything. It sounds like OBX was super fun, I would loved to have been at Logger Head, right before high tide, bet it was throwing over nicely!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    damn sounds like everywhere but VB was pumping! it was really fun here (3-4ft) for like and hour and a half where the winds went straight offshore and the swell picked up like 2 extra ft. There was some really fun little barrels and rippable waves on the inside. Then, like usual, it went to **** haha
    I picked up some occ waist high sets next to dam neck last night before dark..little weak though.

Images
    I have always thought what would it be like to loose more then 1 board off a roof rack. I can't imagine 4. I bet that was crazy.