LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: NJ Water Temp

Question NJ Water Temp

Guys can you give me a range on water temps on Winter days in NJ. I remember the water being pretty warm up to Dec. How low does it go in Jan, Feb and March? Thnx.

Images
    right now its in the low sixties, jan and feb is usually mid 30's

3. It depends a bit on where you are in the Jerz. Down south it might bottom out in the mid to high 30s whereas up north more like low to mid 30s. I think the historical trough for temps off NJ is around March 10th. Stay Above the Weather!

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurr73 View Post
    Guys can you give me a range on water temps on Winter days in NJ. I remember the water being pretty warm up to Dec. How low does it go in Jan, Feb and March? Thnx.

courtesy of surf-forecast.com, its pretty spot on. you can go to the site, and navigate through each individual break to find its pattern. here is the site for the inlet: http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/...-Inlet/seatemp

as far as suits go...

someone made this last year, its pretty solid.

Coldness

From what I remember the coldest it got last year was 36 in Feb.

Around 36 at the lowest for a severe year, closer to 40 as a low for mild year....north central NJ.

Usually the water is around 40 in Feb. It will briefly dip down to 35 - 38 after a storm, but usually comes back up to 40 pretty quick. I can't remember seeing a water temp below 35 in Jersey.

I've seen it dip down to 32 a couple times...but it's usually shortlived.

Guys

Thanks, you more than answered my question. Those charts are awesome. I hope the guy that developed them made a few bucks selling as poster to surf shops.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurr73 View Post
    Guys

Thanks, you more than answered my question. Those charts are awesome. I hope the guy that developed them made a few bucks selling as poster to surf shops.
    definetly go with a 5/4 for the winter dec-feb...some people get away with a 4/3 but idk how they do it.