LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Westside Oahu heavies from Buffalo, the Rothmans, up to John Gomes and Sunny. Those guys DEMANDED respect. You got what you gave. Give respect and you get respect in and out of the water. Stayed over there in the early 90s and witnessed some crazy sh!t and some SICK SICK surfing on waves and on a level I could barely comprehend back then.

how's this? Slater vs. Curren with commentary by Gerry Lopez!

Shane Dorian

Have a second to jump on here. This is a fun thread!

So many great surfers have been named and talked about on this thread, but for me, I have always just plain enjoyed watching Shane Dorian surf. He absolutely kills it in any type of wave, any type of conditions, and on any surfboard. I think he is one of the best to ever step foot on a surfboard and as a crazy well rounded surfer and as a human being period. I know he has gotten crap for In God's Hands, but hey, whatever. As a small tidbit into his attitude, look at him in the Drive thru videos....He's always smiling and just psyched to surf. Plus, he seems like a great family man and really considers family to be at his core. A sick and humble surfer/person in my opinion.

I also have to throw in Mark Healey as well....Even all the big wave guys think he's nuts! Anyone see the interview with him riding Great Whites!!!!! Crazy!
    Last edited by respecttheocean; Oct 28, 2011 at 09:42 PM.

I like the Christian Fletcher vote! Cool vids to match ...well done. What about his lil' bro? I always liked Nathan Fletcher's surfing... airs, barrels, big wave... and a humble & non gay fashion show approach.
    Check it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8S8fptNwEA

Dane has a few votes too. not mad at it. Check out his placement in Transworld's all time style masters. http://surf.transworld.net/100009648...es-in-surfing/

Easy. Dean Randazzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    I like the Christian Fletcher vote! Cool vids to match ...well done.

Dane has a few votes too. not mad at it. Check out his placement in Transworld's all time style masters. http://surf.transworld.net/100009648...es-in-surfing/
    Way too cool..... Richard Chram is the ****, silky smooth like that red headed soul singer from the 80's, Brian or Richard something. Ha. And how could we all forget about Occy with his double handed fist planting power slides? Joel, though, is a beast and is a combination of a lot of older surfers. Next gen for sure.

All I can do is add to the greats mentioned in this post. David Nuuhiwa (the stylemaster) goes down here.

moved to Hatteras in the 1970's when not much was there,set up a surf shop right in the heart of it,is a shaper,and 35 years later is still the first guy up checking the waves at the lighthouse every morning,surfs all the time,his boards are ridden all over the island significantly outnumbering any other brand, a totally stoked surfer,Scott Busbey-In The Eye Surfboards,Natural Art Surf Shop,Cape Hatteras,North Carolina,1977-present.