close ad [x]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gloves

Hybrid View

Gloves

What keeps your digits warm? My Xcel drylocks died and I'm not wasting my money on them again. They were kick a$$ for awhile but once the "drylock" wore out they became sponges.

Images
    Ah man, we are talking about gloves already - not yet! Too early for the ol' gloves... keep those hands in the water as much as possible

Images
    I have been earing 7mm basic quicksilver lobster claws for two years and I love them. They keep my hands warm in 40 degree water for hours

I have body glove 6/4 lobster claws. My index fingers don't stay very warm in them, so i'm looking to try some mitts this winter. I've been eyeing the 6mm Hyperflex cause they are at a good price, but might jump on the 7mm xcels if they show up on whiskey.

On a related note... anyone know what this guy is using to get his gloves on in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tuoufNXymg&t=0m23s

Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post

On a related note... anyone know what this guy is using to get his gloves on in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tuoufNXymg&t=0m23s
    It's a spreader bar for either a windsurfing or a kiteboarding harness.

its all about the claws bruh

it is NOT too early for gloves. froze my ass off today. thank god i left the house with booties. water is still warm though

I'm thinking ahead. Don't want to get stuck without. I'm thinking claws, don't like the idea of mitts, gotta have at least one finger free. Read an article about a surfer who drown last winter after his leash became hung up on a piling. That would suck trying to undo the lease and not be able to because of mitts. I know it all depends where you're surfing, but damn that would suck brown sweaty a$$.

for some reason, I can still wear 5 ml booties, but my fingers get friggin cold in 38 degree water - I tried everything, claws, etc. but i finally went for the 7 ml excel mittens, and in feb. i can leave the water with dry, warm hands! (the mitts actually help you get a little more "bite" in the water when you paddle)

Images
    kinda going off topic but what do you guys recomend in the way of boots?

Place this code at the end of your tag: