LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CI sashimi, or something similar (i.e., stealth, rocket, etc.). Healthy amount of nose rocker lower tail...wide tail...etc.

5'6 2.25 lost sub scorcher hands down

i ride a surfrx 5'8" new toy, 90% of the time its good from thigh all the way up to a couple feet overhead. has plenty of float for getting into waves and its super loose.

Dumpster diver. 5'6"-5'8".

Quote Originally Posted by njwrestler25 View Post
    Dumpster diver. 5'6"-5'8".
    wow. even for me? i'm 6'1" & almost 200lbs. so i should get the 5'6", right?

Hells nah. 5'10" 2 1/2. You will love it!

I have a 5'4" and 5'6" Dumpster Diver. My good friend is around 6' 180 and rides a 5'6" 2 3/4 and loves it.

Agreed, I'd go with a big fat shorty like Rob G and some of the others were mentioning or a longboard. Depends on your style and preferences I guess. You can probably surf a wider variety of waves on the log. I use the longboard on tiny mushy days when the waves don't really wanna push the fish, and on the really big days (rare) so I can get in to the waves way outside and enjoy some stability.

Quote Originally Posted by njwrestler25 View Post
    Hells nah. 5'10" 2 1/2. You will love it!
    go back & re-read my first post in this thread. you completely missed my sarcasm.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Oct 31, 2011 at 01:48 PM.

East Coast Boards

I've had a wide variety of boards for east coast small surf from Lost RNF, Rocket, Al Merrick Biscuit to longboards and so far my all time favorite has been the RNF. But like one of the previous threads said it's all about personal preference. Recently I've been surfing longboards because I love walking up and down the board and catching waves is so effortless. I have a 9'3 In The Pink by Takayama and its sick for every size wave. With overhead steeper waves you can get an early takeoff so you don't have to worry about a steep drop in and walking it is a piece of cake in bigger steeper surf. But I have been looking to get a shorter board and recently I came across an intriguing shape by Takayama. It's called Scorpion by Takayama and I just ordered it at 5'10 check it out looks like it could be a lot of fun ESPECIALLY for East Coast Surf. But favorite shortboard I've owned so far has been Lost RNF.