LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Here's a new one, tagged right out of our surfing backyard. I knew there was a reason I got skunked this weekend.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2...t#comment-form

there's probably more people missing parts from blue fish than from sharks.

Here's a new one, tagged right out of our surfing backyard. I knew there was a reason I got skunked this weekend.
    Waaaa? That's right of the 'ol home break blue tops. Haha could you imagine if there was a little swell and you were sitting in the water and this boat hauls a 2000lb shark out of the water then lets it go!

I don't know if they're feeding that close to shore, but I know the dolphins love it there, which makes me think that the food is plentiful.

They've always been spotted there by offshore fisherman, it's just now the publicity from OCEARCH and their tracking site is bringing the extra attention.

On a similar note, I don't study marine biology or oceanography, I just make observations... but I have always suspected that there is some sort of a mini drop-off there, that's why the sealife is more abundant. Also when they dredged that rivermouth decades ago to create a proper channel for the Navy ships, I've heard rumors that they pulled megalodon teeth out of a dredged materials.

This thread is just epic.

Heard a salty old timer say he took an arm from a Mako's belly that had a wetsuit and a Rolex divers watch still on it. And this salty old timer was wearing a real nice Rolex for a long-liner.

Images
    Seen plenty of Spinner Shark in the water the last few days. Big migration didn't stop anyone from getting in. The thought of a big White Shark off of Jax was on my mind. New level of awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    the story paints a pretty vivid account of what happened. The point where it mentions how no one on the beach was doing anything other than standing there in shock... that's pretty scary. Then swimming out to get her all the time knowing the shark is at least in the area... got to ask yourself if you'd have the bells to do the same...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    the story paints a pretty vivid account of what happened. The point where it mentions how no one on the beach was doing anything other than standing there in shock... that's pretty scary. Then swimming out to get her all the time knowing the shark is at least in the area... got to ask yourself if you'd have the bells to do the same...
    Yeah, holy sh**. I mean, I would for sure do what I had to do if I was out in the lineup with someone, but going out a couple hundred yards into deep, blood filled water. Makes you ask yourself what you would really do.