LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    H20, I always get sketched out in your neck of the woods this time of year. I guess when you're local, you get used to it. I know my nephews down there get a laugh watching me in the lineup with my head on a swivel.
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O'C View Post
    Sucks that someone died. I still get sketched out sometimes Hell I did this morning during the tide change.

First, I am sorry to hear about this tragedy in SA. The wild thing about this particular attack is that his brother said the shark lunged for him twice, the returned for the fatal bite of his leg. Or maybe the shark didn't figure out that he wasn't his usual prey until he bit his leg. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends!

Quote Originally Posted by surfin_nigg View Post
    yo man this is sad about that shark attack. Surfin in california i used to be a little sketched out about sharks but then i realized that its just a risk yall gota take every time yall go into the ocean. oh and dudes whats with all this hatin on SouthjettyBill?!! This dude is a legend ight?! brothas im out fo now so yall kep it real and stop all dis hatin, ya feel me?
    I hate you

http://wtvr.com/2012/06/03/graphic-s...-myrtle-beach/

Someone saw him walking out of the water with the shark attached to his foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    http://wtvr.com/2012/06/03/graphic-s...-myrtle-beach/

Someone saw him walking out of the water with the shark attached to his foot.
    Thats a pretty good sized gash, wonder how big the shark was...or small.

I would assume it's the typical 3-5' sandbar shark. Must have been a freak thing to actually get his foot straight in the shark's mouth like that. Seeing that witnesses say the shark was still latched to him when he was trying to get out of the water makes me think the shark was almost as stunned and surprised about the incident as the guy was.

Great now I know I'm gonna have my toes up tomorrow morning.

well, that lookslike it would hurt, a lot more than some burnt blistered feet, which were miraculously cured after i went surfing Sat. am...good 'ole salt water, works like a charm!

With their weirder migration patterns, it has been something common to catch a lot of sharks on the side where a lot of newer surfers frequent, for some weird reason, actually.

And though there are the usual shark patrol roaming around, you just could not take your chances with them and go with something that would assure you of a living life after what has been done and dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by gdavid View Post
    With their weirder migration patterns, it has been something common to catch a lot of sharks on the side where a lot of newer surfers frequent, for some weird reason, actually.

And though there are the usual shark patrol roaming around, you just could not take your chances with them and go with something that would assure you of a living life after what has been done and dealt with.
    This post smells of booze