LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Post climate change skeptic

This article is circulating around the press today, thought those interested in the climate change debate might want to take a look:

Skeptic finds he now agrees global warming is real

Images
    Cool. Like I said previously, think "triage".....

Images
    I came across this article in the newspaper actually (ya who reads those things anymore) and I thought there may be some substantial conjectures or something along those lines but really, the skeptic didn't reverse course too much.

"Muller did not address in his research the cause of global warming. The overwhelming majority of climate scientists say it's man-made from the burning of fossil fuels such as coal and oil. Nor did his study look at ocean warming, future warming and how much of a threat to mankind climate change might be."

He didn't really focus on the crux of the controversy, just kind of came around to what a lot of the science community has already been saying. I'm sure his fellow skeptics will be disheartened though.

Images
    there's always going to be skeptics for everything, but I believe in the facts. Like photos of Antartic ice melting away year by year or species going instinct.

Images
    A consensus among qualified scientists was quantified years ago.

http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf

given all the fraud perpetuated by those who believe in this theory it is going to be hard to get people to believe it. for the most part its a dead issue where people like it or not.

I am a firm believer in newtons law of “every action as an equal and opposite reaction” you can’t reasonably deny humans are having some kind of impact on climate. I know a big opposing argument is that climate change is a natural occurrence, happening every now and again… And there is proof of this happening in soil testing. I’m just saying that we as humans are denying the fact we could possibly make any kind of difference in climate, but with the population just passing 7 billion…. I don’t know…. That’s an awful lot of CO2…

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bug Surfing View Post
    I am a firm believer in newtons law of “every action as an equal and opposite reaction” you can’t reasonably deny humans are having some kind of impact on climate. I know a big opposing argument is that climate change is a natural occurrence, happening every now and again… And there is proof of this happening in soil testing. I’m just saying that we as humans are denying the fact we could possibly make any kind of difference in climate, but with the population just passing 7 billion…. I don’t know…. That’s an awful lot of CO2…
    Exactly! So what is the alternative? Crazy regulations that actually have no impact or effectiveness? How about eugenics? Population control? It brings up the question...what is the end game? Are we the end all be all?

I personally do not think so. Many of these climate scientists are very intelligent and great at numbers...but that's all they are looking at. They are missing the big picture. And again let's not down play the fact that they've changed the accepted name from "global warming" to "climate change". Duh!!

Images
    Thought provoking side note:

According to the UN. Approximately 30k people die everyday in Africa. Half of those (15k) from hunger related illness.

It might sound warped or cruel...but without a large human "die off" or some other catastrophic event to kill massive human populations....we will overpopulate the host (earth) before "climate change" does a dam thing!

here's another thought provoker: how can a group that can barely predict the weather accurately 3 days in advance, possibly predict what will happen 20 years from now......