LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Is this all plywood construction?

Look'n good!
    Sure is! About 3/16" lauan. Total for wood and glue is less than $50. Gonna have to buy more resin though.

LBC, I'll let you know about the fin measurements. I was looking for more speed down the line so i didn't toe in too much. I also want to be able to recenter from the rail after a turn so I'm thinking about moving the center fins further towards the middle.

Images
    Is this all plywood construction?

Look'n good!
    Sure is! About 3/16" lauan. Total for wood and glue is less than $50. Gonna have to buy more resin though.

LBC, I'll let you know about the fin measurements. I was looking for more speed down the line so i didn't toe in too much. I also want to be able to recenter from the rail after a turn so I'm thinking about moving the center fins further towards the middle.

History of Surfing book Warshaw, use the plans from the 1930's popular science magazine.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    History of Surfing book Warshaw, use the plans from the 1930's popular science magazine.
    You're gonna have to narrow it down for me. What are you getting at?

I was trying to be funny, but...

http://www.amazon.com/The-History-Su...ory+of+surfing

Warshaw writes about when in the 1920-1930's surfers like Tom Blake began to build hollow boards because the redwood planks were too heavy. The hollow boards were lighter and faster. Since they were not really being made commercially, and Waikiki was growing in popularity and surfing was gaining riders in Cali. Popular science printed plans on how to make your own hollow surfboard.

There's an image of the plans in the book. Lot's of dowels, ribs, panels and you would have to be really good with wood. They had brass drain holes!

Did you build a rocker table/clamp setup? I can't remember if you said you did or not.

Images
    image.jpg
    Did you build a rocker table/clamp setup? I can't remember if you said you did or not.
    Yup. You definitely need it to put the frame on the bottom deck. It's not 100% necessary for the top but probably the best tool.