LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    4/3 w/ boots. Originally I went in with gloves and a hood. Took them off and stashed them in the rocks. My shoulders are sooooo not ready to paddle with gloves on....so much more drag/surface area. It's like power lifting vs cross training!

4/3 boots, gloves in monmouth. surfed dawn patrol today and nearly everyone out had at least boots and gloves, some had hoods but i dont think thats necessary yet

3. I ended up going with a 3/2 with boots and gloves and I was fine. Probably could have ditched the boots and/or gloves if I was wearing a 4/3. This morning, I was one of the only people out without a hood on....its getting to be about that time.

Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    a shortjohn springsuit with a wool beanie and dishgloves
    Rubber bands around the wrists to hold down the gloves?...

Actually wore the dish gloves quite a bit back in high school with a long sleeved spring suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
    Actually wore the dish gloves quite a bit back in high school with a long sleeved spring suit.
    What the F? You must have some special hands, were you an aspiring hand model?

There is something wrong with you people.

My buddy and I were in 4/3's with boots and gloves Sunday morning and we were both chilly after about a hour. The constant wind did not help me though.

Then again, I have little to no body fat, so that does not help, or my 4/3 sucks.

4/3 w/ boots & 1.5 mil gloves in seaside this morning...kinda wished for a hood when i first paddled out, but got over that pretty quickly. saw it all, though...guys w/ hoods, boots, & gloves, guys w/ hoods & boots, guys w/ just hoods (wasn't that windy), guys w/ just boots, & one guy w/ just gloves

Yes, I was a hand model. Sniff this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    What the F? You must have some special hands, were you an aspiring hand model?

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    There is something wrong with you people.

My buddy and I were in 4/3's with boots and gloves Sunday morning and we were both chilly after about a hour. The constant wind did not help me though.

Then again, I have little to no body fat, so that does not help, or my 4/3 sucks.
    nothing wrong w/ you, dude. it's 35 deg w/ 20mph offshore wind and you're sitting in the ocean