LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    544
    Images
    2
    4/3 w/ boots. Originally I went in with gloves and a hood. Took them off and stashed them in the rocks. My shoulders are sooooo not ready to paddle with gloves on....so much more drag/surface area. It's like power lifting vs cross training!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ocean city
    Posts
    112
    4/3 boots, gloves in monmouth. surfed dawn patrol today and nearly everyone out had at least boots and gloves, some had hoods but i dont think thats necessary yet

  3. I ended up going with a 3/2 with boots and gloves and I was fine. Probably could have ditched the boots and/or gloves if I was wearing a 4/3. This morning, I was one of the only people out without a hood on....its getting to be about that time.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    a shortjohn springsuit with a wool beanie and dishgloves
    Rubber bands around the wrists to hold down the gloves?...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Two Rivers Area, NJ
    Posts
    238
    Actually wore the dish gloves quite a bit back in high school with a long sleeved spring suit.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
    Actually wore the dish gloves quite a bit back in high school with a long sleeved spring suit.
    What the F? You must have some special hands, were you an aspiring hand model?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not close enough
    Posts
    49
    There is something wrong with you people.

    My buddy and I were in 4/3's with boots and gloves Sunday morning and we were both chilly after about a hour. The constant wind did not help me though.

    Then again, I have little to no body fat, so that does not help, or my 4/3 sucks.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,339
    4/3 w/ boots & 1.5 mil gloves in seaside this morning...kinda wished for a hood when i first paddled out, but got over that pretty quickly. saw it all, though...guys w/ hoods, boots, & gloves, guys w/ hoods & boots, guys w/ just hoods (wasn't that windy), guys w/ just boots, & one guy w/ just gloves

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Two Rivers Area, NJ
    Posts
    238
    Yes, I was a hand model. Sniff this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    What the F? You must have some special hands, were you an aspiring hand model?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    There is something wrong with you people.

    My buddy and I were in 4/3's with boots and gloves Sunday morning and we were both chilly after about a hour. The constant wind did not help me though.

    Then again, I have little to no body fat, so that does not help, or my 4/3 sucks.
    nothing wrong w/ you, dude. it's 35 deg w/ 20mph offshore wind and you're sitting in the ocean