LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy monmouth county nov.3

just wanted to post my experience this morning and see if anyone had similar. got up 6am drove 1/2 hour to beach expecting solid clean swell and found 3 ft close outs. drove around for an hour (all in monmouth county) and found it smaller and not so clean. figured it wasnt worth wasting a sick day so i went to work. Not at all what the forecast was calling for.

I was going to skip 2 classes today-- drove to assateague, saw DUMPING closeouts and turned around. It's a shame these bars can't hold up this swell without dumping. I'm hoping tomorrow's at least fun with a slightly smaller size.

VB was saaweeeet.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. The size was there in some places but the direction of the swell was not good for most of Monmouth. Should have gone South.

agree. size was not shoulder to head, and it was not that clean. bummer.

took a half day. wasted it. should have held on to it......

I was in Monmouth County this morning, nov 3. I thought that there was size if you waited--some overhead waves. But, at the places I went, the bottom wasn't good. It went from deep water to shallow very abruptly, so it was dumping kind of hard. And the swell and wind direction weren't great either. I left after an hour and went back to work. (On a side note, yesterday at Rockaway NY was very good.)

Images
    i got shoulder to head high. very long wait and in 3 hours there was one non-closeout

umm...not at all my experience today...took the day off work, hit seaside & pretty much scored the best surf i've seen since the katia swell in early september. shoulder high-head high + on some sets. solid day & very glad i bailed on work!

I heard SeaSide was pretty big and nice. But Monmouth was disappointing for the second day in a row... Not to say there weren't some waves but a lotta closeouts