LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: NOAA Radio

Images

NOAA Radio

I found this NOAA radio at lowes for $50.00. It broadcast tides for your local area, different swell heights from different fathoms up to the shorebreak swell height. Wind direction and speed, tide heights and time, etc. It has a solar panel, a hand crank for power, 3 aaa batteries, or ac adapter not included. Has a flashlight a red blinking light and am fm radio. The noaa channels are wb1 wb2 wb3 4, 5, 6, and 7. Its compact and portable.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....rl=false&h=387

Images
    NOAA radios have around for a long time... Pretty useful, if you don't have a cell phone with a data plan.

I scan the NOAA station on VHF religiously while fishing offshore..... you can have an uber-mega-super-duper phone with a data plan that will even give you a happy ending, but is will be about as useful as a paperweight when you get about 5+ miles offshore. We keep the hand-generated type in our ditch bag as well.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I scan the NOAA station on VHF religiously while fishing offshore..... you can have an uber-mega-super-duper phone with a data plan that will even give you a happy ending, but is will be about as useful as a paperweight when you get about 5+ miles offshore. We keep the hand-generated type in our ditch bag as well.
    can't argue with that...

Images
    I will just stick with this. I like it. “The hardest thing in the world is to simplify your life. It’s so easy to make it complex. The solution for a lot of the world’s problems may be to turn around and take a forward step."
    Last edited by marknel83; Nov 4, 2011 at 09:08 PM.