LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Ribs

Hybrid View

Ribs

Love my Fiberglass Short board Ė change is not an option Ė but after a long session my inner, lower ribcage hurts from grinding on the surface. i know that this is caused from arching my back and that paddling flat is the answer, but when the sets are a-rollin, iím only focused on speed and not technique. Allís good in the water. Then later and dry Ouch! Has anybody else had this problem? If so what to do? -Thanx

surf a lot. the more you surf the less it hurts. often my first surf after a long flat spell my ribs hurt. tough it out and everything will be a-ok

+1. If you surf regularly your body will adjust and you'll get these callous like thing there. Some call them surf bumps or surf tumors.

I wouldn't change your technique. I think arching your back, especially if your doing it at the right time, is a good thing. Always paddling flat is for those with weak stomach and back muscles.

Images
    you dont surf enough

haha yeah that is an awful feeling... Sucks the worst when you go from here and the extra 'padding' of a 5/4 in january, to surfing in shorts a couple days later in pr (or anywhere warm)