LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Winds do look dicey the next few days and NWS hasn't factored in the swell. I'm stoked especially after a month of swell after swell. Nothing wrong with fall on the east coast!

sniffing a half day for thursday afternoon...

any indication that this E swell pattern we've been will continue? on one hand, it's nice to have waves in the water but on the other direction has certainly not been ideal.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    sniffing a half day for thursday afternoon...

any indication that this E swell pattern we've been will continue? on one hand, it's nice to have waves in the water but on the other direction has certainly not been ideal.
    its more like ESE/SE for the swell this week... yesterday was fading E/ENE leftovers.

no, i understand. my question is more about the lack of your standard medium period S swell wind/rain/etc.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    no, i understand. my question is more about the lack of your standard medium period S swell wind/rain/etc.
    ya, usually this time of year its a mix of both types of systems...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Here are some of the shots, this was Friday in Nassau.
    Nice shots too bad you couldn't rent a board or anything.

anyone got opinions on what will be the best spot in NJ to travel to?

Worked on the beach all day today and Monmouth county kinda sucked.. Too fast, closeouts. I'm thinkin traveling a little south is the way to go for tomoro

i agree - travel south, monmouth county is just not working great on this one

Thanks for the Photos Zippy

What a delightful thread with photos to boot! Yes, that is one of those remarkable things and you saw it with camera in hand. Wish I had had a GoPro in 1968 on the North Shore of Oahu when Pipe was easily 30 feet triple reef break, shore break was epic huge, life guards all over the place keeping everyone out of the apocalypse. One of those things you see but can only tell the tale of. Thanks for grabbing the pics of the Bahamas, those waves look terrific.