LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best honeymoon trip?

My girl and I are getting married, and trying to find the ideal honeymoon spot. All i want to do is surf all day, all she wants to do is sit on the beach. Going to be late april/early may. debating on:

eleuthera, bahamas
    barbados
    martinique?
    puerto rico?

let me know youre guys thoughts.. thanks

I was married in Barbados and stayed there for 3 weeks. Tons to do for both of you and they have waves over 300 days a year.

Images
    PR all day long! Cheap has waves almost all year and there is stuff for both of u to do there

thanks - chris where in barbados do you suggest to stay?
    matt - where in PR would you stay?

Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    thanks - chris where in barbados do you suggest to stay?
    matt - where in PR would you stay?
    My wife and I have been many times and we rent a house on the east coast. West coast is very expensive but it is where it breaks most of the winter. Soup Bowls is in the east coast and both the south and north break as well.

Images
    Out of your options, I'd go with Barbados...

Images

look no further

Tortola.... lots of day trips .. waves .. beach ... full moon parties at the Bamba shack... everything you could ask for.. you wont be disappointed ... going during a full moon though, for sure...

Images
    My fiancÚ and I just booked our honeymoon for next June on Kauai, 5 days on the South side and 5 days on the North - so stoked!

I've been to PR several times and the island is awesome. For consistant surf you should stay on the West coast near Aguadilla or Rincon, I'm sure some people on here will have some specific places to look into.

Images
    Wifey and I went to Nicaragua and stayed at the surf sanctuary for our honeymoon. We spent $2300 and did what ever we wanted. The people are great the surf was sooooo much fun. We went late April this year. We will always go back. Www.surfsanctuary.com

I would go to Barbados first and PR second if finances are an issue. Barbados has a VAT now, so eating out etc will cost just as much as it does in the States. The time of year you are going will be perfect for catching some West swell and have solid East swell the whole time.
    I would rent a house near South Point. That way you are equidistant from Soupbowls and the middle West Holetown/Batts area. Plus you are close to Bridgetown so you can get your Dancehall nightlife on if you want. I always rent a house on the East Coast and would suggest that if you don't mind being more remote. Plus you could stay at the Roundhouse but the owner is a complete B====D... Omar the bartender is cool if he still works there, can't remember the other hotel near there but their food is good and it was recently renovated.