LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    3/2 and 5/4... If you got the cash, then of course, its super nice to have a 4/3.

I hardly use my 4/3 in Jersey, maybe a couple of weeks in late fall and late spring.

Images
    you could easily get a 3/2, 4/3 and 5/4 for close to the same price as a 3/2 and 5/4 if you shop around.

Images
    Wallys got the right idea- shop around, maybe craigslist an old 3/2 (without holes in it)... then buy a 4/3 and a 5 or 6 mil.

I have a cheap 3/2 (less then 100) and a hooded 4/3 and 6/5/4 for jersey. The hooded 4/3 is the best- I wear that thing until mid jan and I'm only in the 6 mil for about 2 months! I would not be wanting to put on a 5 or 6 mil right now- way too warm...

If your mainly surfing in MD- I would go with a 5- and if you only surf a few times up north, the 5 should get you through....

On Long Island, I use a 1 mil top, a 3/2 Full, and a Hooded 5/4/3 Full.

These get me through the whole year pretty comfortably.

A 4/3 with a removable hood like the Mutant would be a nice addition, but I've gotten away without it for so many years.

Images
    the other thing I do, is I have a fleece shirt with attached hood that you can put under 4/3s... It really helps keep you warm, but I find it makes things really tight and un-flexible.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    2/2 short arm full and a top of the line 4/3 and your stylin'
    that's what i have, actually the 4/3 is a 4.5/3.5 psycho freak for what ever that means. 6 months in the 2 mil 6 months in the 4/3.

you could probably get by with a 3/2 and a 5/4....but it would have to be a really good 3/2 (taped, glued & sealed with a front zip) to help you transition into the season where the water is 50-54 degrees. Otherwise, I'd pick 3 suits to include the 4/3. If you want to save $$$, follow Wally's advice. Pick Hyperflex suits, do your shopping during early Spring and do a lot of searching online. I don't personally advise buying used suits off Craigslist.

Bought my winter suit today -- a Rip Curl E-Bomb 5.5/4.5 -- from Surfside. I got it for $50 (15%) off with a Surfline discount and free 3-day shipping.

The extra .5 mil will help me out up north and the E-Bomb is (supposedly) super flexible, so it won't be too restricting in colder 4/3 weather. I'll buy a super nice 3/2 sometime during the winter when the prices are low...

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    3/2 and 5/4....what is this amateur hour?
    Sorry, A-Hole, didn't realize I had to be on the ASP to comment on a thread on Swellinfo. Douche.