LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I used to ride waves on an ocean kayak frenzy until my friends forced me to be a regular surfer. I agree that it's all about the pilot of the craft, but I knew as a kayaker that you can't really turn (at the the frenzies) if a surfer is ripping down the face of a wave. I tried to stay away from line ups of surfers who weren't happy when they saw me paddling out. Fortunately in Strathmere there is always plenty of space for everybody.

As a board surfer I now I am not happy when a kayaker wants to hang in the lineup of surfers. This lady last summer kept paddling her kayak right in front of us just to say FU. So being on both sides of the fence I feel that kayakers should surf their own spot or stay on the edge of a lineup.

It's unfortunate that these guys seem so reckless in the water. Perhaps it's a lack of center fin, cause from my experience they usually seem to just slide down the face.....hope I don't jinx it but I haven't seen any out in the water for a while....

There are one or two guys that ride these in lineup pretty often. http://www2.swaylocks.com/forums/sit...paddle-surfing

Anyone else familiar with these?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dmonster View Post
    There are one or two guys that ride these in lineup pretty often. http://www2.swaylocks.com/forums/sit...paddle-surfing

Anyone else familiar with these?
    Back in the 1980s my neighbor in Bethany Beach, Delaware was a "sponsored" (whatever that meant..it seemed like he was always traveling on someone elses dime) Wave Skier who had been to Oz, Fiji, Mundaka, South Africa...whatever. He ripped and was fearless on that thing. It was about 7' long, maybe 6" thick, had a single fin and you sat on it. I tried it few times in waist high waves. Being so small it was kind of unstable when you were sitting still, but pretty easy to get the hang of once you started paddling it into waves.

maybe this was the complaint of the massachussan gws....

Images
    Good call baddy...and everybody feels bad for those dumb a$$ girls.

why did you bring this back from the dead? it still bothers me. i saw the guy who hit me a while back, i watched him paddle out, recognize who i was, paddle away, then just pack it in altogther. i felt kinda bad about it but was happy he was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Good call baddy...and everybody feels bad for those dumb a$$ girls.
    they're (obviously) good copy.
    wonder if they can parlay it into $$$$$.....

Images
    I have surfed with them before and had no probs ,'because it's the south and everyone shreds here

Images