LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Surf rage

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    all the guys I surf with have a pact that if anyone shows up with one of these things, we will block them so they don't catch a single wave.
    Dont tell all our secrets LOL

My favorite story happened at Sebastion Inlet in the 70's. Very well known surfer was notorious for cutting people off & mouthing off. One of my friends older brother: Big Rob, big dude, rode a long board even then (nobody rode long boards in the 70's). Cut Rob off & he finally got fed up with this kid, paddled over to him, grabbed the top of his head, pushed it under the water. Rob was so big & so strong there was nothing this kid could do. After a good minute he let him up & very politely told him to quit.

Images
    I think I can honestly say that I have never really had problem with anybody in the water..maybe a few times bodyboarding in 90's Va Beach. Most of my friends all surfed though..Hell, I had more beef with other bodyboarders back then. Way more laid back vibe down here.

personally, I stay above the weather. However, I'll keep it short but I witnessed some aggro "local" get his sh*t packed by some navy dude at croatnam last summer. The navy guy dropped in on said local. It was a set wave and a close call so I totally understand the guy's frustration, but he wouldn't let it go. The local flipped his sh*t and then paddled in and waited on the beach with two of his friends waiting for the sailor to get out. Well, this chubby, freckled, awkward barney looking sailor paddles in and absolutely opens a can on the surfer AND his two friends. So awesome. It wasn't even close. One of the guys literally sprinted away from the fight he was so scared. Watch who you go running your mouth to.

Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    I was in Tavarua, Fiji aka CloudBreak. It was triple oh long period swell and as the set came i took got totally pitted spit out and in front of me i saw a guy drop in, for the third time. Fueled by andrenaline i quickly reached for my diving knife quickly jabbing him in the gut as i passed over top the lip. I then told him now your at the mercy of the sea and gods creatures shall hold you accountable, and finished a pretty fun session.
    I was actually reading that and thinking "damn that's a legit situation at triple OH and a guy drops in."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    personally, I stay above the weather. However, I'll keep it short but I witnessed some aggro "local" get his sh*t packed by some navy dude at croatnam last summer. The navy guy dropped in on said local. It was a set wave and a close call so I totally understand the guy's frustration, but he wouldn't let it go. The local flipped his sh*t and then paddled in and waited on the beach with two of his friends waiting for the sailor to get out. Well, this chubby, freckled, awkward barney looking sailor paddles in and absolutely opens a can on the surfer AND his two friends. So awesome. It wasn't even close. One of the guys literally sprinted away from the fight he was so scared. Watch who you go running your mouth to.
    Navy could equal navy seal, never know. and yeah local **** at croatan is bs. when there is a good swell (only been here since september) there's minimal guys out, so that means during the summer, it's some goon that owns a time share or summer rental trying to bust a nut saying hes the ****. 1st street could mean a different story. I have seen people get angry over knee to waist waves at that place. I have only gone there when it is the only place breaking and it is literally bearly breaking...People down here get pissy and turn it into a paddle battle. And even funnier, for people from the north, it's still hovering high 50s 60ish and people are wearing 4/3s boots and gloves acting like it is cold as ****. I went out this morning around 0730 and scrapped the frost off my car and went out without a problem in 3/2 and boots. mostly kooks down here.

Kooks are everywhere.

And more are being spawned, weekly, thank you Nike 6.0.

Having said that, most people in the water at VA B at this time of year are locals. And, most can surf if they're out there in late November / early December wearing 4/3, booties & gloves.

Your posts are usually insightful, senor Superfish, but this one has a whiff of something, how can I say, a bit patronizing perhaps. Just because someone in VA B is heavily rubbered, lol, doesn't make them a kook. Just some guys who detest the cold & love to surf.

moss landing

Moss landing if you been there than you know it is one of the most notorious spots for localism in California. Anyway, pulled up to "the" jetty last december and it was full on 2x head + clean thumping barrels. As good as it gets truly firing. My boy and I run back to the rental car and gear up n grab our boards. I run out and as I run by I hear the douche bags that stand by that fire yell something about get my short ass fish outta here or some BS but I just ignore and get out there. 5 minutes later and the waves are school bus sized barrels my bro paddles up and says "like three dudes just told me to get the f outta here..what should I do?" I replied well you have 2 choices...leave or surf. Its pumping so I am surfing.

We both got a few epic tubes and a handful of waves each. It was cold and the stares were cold but the level of surfing wasn't great--a few guys really ripping but also some longboarders who had no skill.. Def hard to get a wave. Anyway, got out and get back to the car my friend is really vibed. On the window someone waxed KOOK....so we got in and left. Totally worth it for a great sesh and a funny story to tell too. When we got back to Santa Cruz our buy told us we were lucky that we didnt get a cinder block through our window or a punch in the face....hah--pretty funny.

Also, at Punta Roca i sae this guy walk to the edge of the point, take a dump, paddle out, get a nice tube, and then yell out "this is my place" in Spanish at the few guys there--Thats local!

10. Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    personally, I stay above the weather.
    Rock on!! There is no reason to let It Get You Down #StayAbovetheWeather