LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    I'm not from Jersey so I don't know the situation but if there are secret spots left still, why ruin them by posting them?? if you really have the drive to go surf that place, go search for it. you might even find new spots along the way. IMO

Images
    Those waves are breaking right on the beach. They look pretty in a picture but are not surfable IMO. Go to Sandy Hook on any sizable clean south swell and it will look like that from the bridge all the way to the fort (other than one spot that will not be named that is a mere shadow of it's formal self). Those waves come in and break no more than 30 feet from the beach with the majority of the wall barrelling over 18 inches of water.

I think this is kinda stupid. When they publish photos from premier spots, they give the spot some credit. When was the last time someone published a picture at Pipe as "somewhere in Hawaii".

I would have guessed that spot was Sandy Hook even if you didn't say it was in NJ, and I have never surfed there. Even though they cropped out the cargo ship, you can still see the buoy marking the shipping lane, plus nothing that unpopulated lines up like that. Maybe that's just me... I look at maps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    I'm not from Jersey so I don't know the situation but if there are secret spots left still, why ruin them by posting them?? if you really have the drive to go surf that place, go search for it. you might even find new spots along the way. IMO
    there are a bunch of old toolbags that claim sandy hook as there own so i don't care about blowing up there spot.

Sand pumping ruined surfing...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    there are a bunch of old toolbags that claim sandy hook as there own so i don't care about blowing up there spot.
    Ahh I gotcha. That sucks man. Can't stand when people do that. The ocean belongs to everyone

HINT: its an island to the south.

Zippy is right about those waves LOOKING amazing from up high, on the bridge or from the lighthouse or whatever and then turning out to be unridable shore break once you actually get to the beach.
    As for this..

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    went to high school out on sandy hook. Every morning coming over the little bridge I would get about a 5 second view of the surf. It was always TORTURE when I saw it was going off. Junior year I would just throw my gear in the car and go up early or skip the morinng and surf the cove.
    did you go to MAST?

Images
    yeah I went to MAST graduated in 2001.