LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Rusty Dwart

Rusty Dwart

Lookin for a review/guidance on the dwart. I keep hearing 3-6" smaller than your normal board, why? I need a solid board for long island mush

Why don't you just discuss with rusty? When I got my rusty made last year we covered everything from the size of the board to where I'd be surfing. They have a shaper from long island working there.

How much do you weigh? Im 170 I've used a 5'8" dwart and it felt perfect. Don't be afraid to go shorter if you get one too big it will limit what the board can really do

why not support a local shaper?

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Why don't you just discuss with rusty? When I got my rusty made last year we covered everything from the size of the board to where I'd be surfing. They have a shaper from long island working there.
    just curious. do you know the name of the guy from Long Island?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by east~coast View Post
    Lookin for a review/guidance on the dwart. I keep hearing 3-6" smaller than your normal board, why? I need a solid board for long island mush
    Many people find that once they get used to a certain volume for their boards, they like to keep it relatively consistent or slightly more volume for small wave board. If your good wave shortboard is 6'0" x 18 7/8" then a dwart that is 5'8" x 20 1/4" (just guessing) would maintain a similar-slightly increased volume. If you got the 6'0" x 21" dwart, the increase in volume would be pretty corky feeling.

In my experience, extra width provides a whole lot more benefit than extra length inmushy waves, and extra board length can actually make really frustating turns in slow waves.
    Last edited by mitchell; Nov 17, 2011 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    just curious. do you know the name of the guy from Long Island?
    yeah, his name is Mike Russo