LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Question classified section - good or bad idea?

There has been a fair amount of for sale posts in the forums recently. I've heard that actually a lot of people have pretty good success selling their stuff on here.

As active users in the Swellinfo forum, would you be inclined to check a different "Classified" section on the site, or do you think it is better just to allow users to post in the forum?

My guess is that a classified section may entice more users to post their for-sale stuff, but I'm not exactly sure it will get as many people to notice the posts.

Opinions appreciated.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Nov 17, 2011 at 02:55 AM.

I'd like to see it as a separate section of the forum, but still part of the forum. Similar to how midatlantic, north east, surf travel, bodyboarding, etc are all subsets of the main forum.

So, if i go to swellinfo.com/forum, any classifieds will show up along with everything else, but I could go to swellinfo.com/forum/classifieds to only see items for sale. I guess that could get a little weird if things aren't further broken down by region. Although, even as it is now, people posting in the midatlantic forum sell stuff from VB to monmouth county.

Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post
    I'd like to see it as a separate section of the forum, but still part of the forum. Similar to how midatlantic, north east, surf travel, bodyboarding, etc are all subsets of the main forum.

So, if i go to swellinfo.com/forum, any classifieds will show up along with everything else, but I could go to swellinfo.com/forum/classifieds to only see items for sale.
    X2
    (for some reason this message needs to be lengthened to at least 10 characters...... this ought to do it)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post

So, if i go to swellinfo.com/forum, any classifieds will show up along with everything else, but I could go to swellinfo.com/forum/classifieds to only see items for sale. I guess that could get a little weird if things aren't further broken down by region. Although, even as it is now, people posting in the midatlantic forum sell stuff from VB to monmouth county.
    This is definitely a valid idea...

You would rather see the classifieds in forum threads/posts, rather then a craigs list style section, where everything is sorted out by product types and regions, etc?

classifieds, yepper

That way I can sell my RA WIR 9'6 mint, new, never-seen-water board for 500

Send me some pics - I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    This is definitely a valid idea...

You would rather see the classifieds in forum threads/posts, rather then a craigs list style section, where everything is sorted out by product types and regions, etc?
    If you had a CL-style section, wouldn't new posts show up in the general forum anyway, but still have the dedicated section if you navigate through the forum navigation?

9. Classified section would be great. The only pitfall to consider is that creating a vibrant marketplace within the forum could draw spam.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    If you had a CL-style section, wouldn't new posts show up in the general forum anyway, but still have the dedicated section if you navigate through the forum navigation?
    no, i am talking about new software, outside of this forum