close ad [x]

Thread: Rusty Dwart

Rusty Dwart

Lookin for a review/guidance on the dwart. I keep hearing 3-6" smaller than your normal board, why? I need a solid board for long island mush

Why don't you just discuss with rusty? When I got my rusty made last year we covered everything from the size of the board to where I'd be surfing. They have a shaper from long island working there.

How much do you weigh? Im 170 I've used a 5'8" dwart and it felt perfect. Don't be afraid to go shorter if you get one too big it will limit what the board can really do

why not support a local shaper?

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Why don't you just discuss with rusty? When I got my rusty made last year we covered everything from the size of the board to where I'd be surfing. They have a shaper from long island working there.
    just curious. do you know the name of the guy from Long Island?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by east~coast View Post
    Lookin for a review/guidance on the dwart. I keep hearing 3-6" smaller than your normal board, why? I need a solid board for long island mush
    Many people find that once they get used to a certain volume for their boards, they like to keep it relatively consistent or slightly more volume for small wave board. If your good wave shortboard is 6'0" x 18 7/8" then a dwart that is 5'8" x 20 1/4" (just guessing) would maintain a similar-slightly increased volume. If you got the 6'0" x 21" dwart, the increase in volume would be pretty corky feeling.

In my experience, extra width provides a whole lot more benefit than extra length inmushy waves, and extra board length can actually make really frustating turns in slow waves.
    Last edited by mitchell; Nov 17, 2011 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    just curious. do you know the name of the guy from Long Island?
    yeah, his name is Mike Russo

Place this code at the end of your tag: