LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Images

Question

What do you listen to before a session?
    Last edited by iripharderthanyou; Nov 23, 2007 at 05:10 PM.

Just about anything that makes me feel good. When I feel good, I feel confident and surf better. I try to avoid anything negative as it puts me in a bad mood and tenses me up. Most of the time, these good songs come in the form of some funky club music.

I haven't been out in some time (the water is a little chilly brrr), I start out with my daily meditation "flowdreaming" for a positive flow by Summer McStravick then whatever music feels good, R.E.M. at my most beautiful (should I admit this everyone I know makes a weird face when I say REM?)-Cake short skirt long jacket -maybe some Jack Johnson it reminds me of "thicker than water" which helps me feel cool. I like to keep it happy so the day works out very sweetly! By the way Happy Thanksgiving!
    Last edited by BeachBunny; Nov 25, 2007 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typo i'm very tired i just cooked ALL of thankgiving from scratch

jack johnson...

Anything chilled,

if you're longboarding, beach boys get you in the zone...

bob marley too

Images
    im really not a huge rap fan but i do on occasion like to listen to rap with a good beat and cool badass lyrics to get me pumped other than that give me a good rock band with good breakdowns.

Images
    Depends on my mood, ands the conditions of the waves. If I know it is going to be small and mushy ( most of the time around me) I listen to more "Surfish" mellow music, like Jack Jhonson, Donivan, Bob Marley, Pepper and so on. If the Waves are pumping I break out the goods. Like Barry Mannilow, and Prince LMAO!!! Toatally just kidding on those 2 LOL. Seriously though , stuff like Deftones, Killswitch Engage, Godsmack, Incubus ( Favorite things, and certain shade of green are serious adrinalin pumps), Pantera, etc.

The waves

I listen to the rhythm of the waves

butthole surfer Guest
    slightly stoopid, sublime, ub40, bad brains. NOFX, or LTJ if you are trying to thrash

i like to listen to bloc party , MIA, or some ghostface kllr..

Bloc Party is definatly a good choice

but i think it depends on the type of surf. Big surf requries louder, heavier music (system of a down, 3 days grace, rob zombie.) Average surf and clean conditions stuff like bloc party, less than jake, blink 182, sum 41

And if it's small, the chill music. Jack Johnson, slighty stoopid, bob marley, beach boys.