LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The only two wetsuits I need are...?

Let's face it, surfing is expensive and my worn-out wetsuits are giving me the shivers. The thing is, I only want to buy TWO wetsuits to use all year. I don't mind being a bit warm or constricted if it means I can save $300. The problem is, I want to be able to surf with my buddies in the Northeast during the fall/winter in addition to my regular surfing in MD/DE...

That said, would I be hating life if I only owned a 4/3 and a 6/5/4?

I know that a 6/5/4 is overkill for MD/DE winters, but I figure that an extra mm isn't going to hurt much. Then I'd go with the 4/3 for all other seasons that others would likely be sporting 3/2s. Am I crazy, or is this a reasonable plan if I don't want to spend all of my money on neoprene?

you would be better off with a 3/2 and a 5/4 if your only looking to buy 2 suits...

That said I am looking at replacing the 4/3 I have, I didn't rinse it as diligently as I should have and the welds ripped along the chest. I picked up a 3/2 Mutant a couple months ago for 225, not a bad deal... IMO, a 6/5/4 is overkill, you def don't need the added restriction...a 5/4/3 will keep you warm enough through winter. Just my $.02.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Nov 13, 2011 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    you would be better off with a 3/2 and a 5/4 if your only looking to buy 2 suits...

5/4/3 will keep you warm enough through winter. Just my $.02.
    Yeah, I'm sure I'd be OK with a 5/4/3 in MD/DE, but I'm not as sure about Maine. My buddy up there wears a 6/5/4 during the winter, but he's pretty skinny and gets cold a bit easier than I do. Decisions, decisions.

3/2 and 5/4....what is this amateur hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    3/2 and 5/4....what is this amateur hour?
    Yes, I do believe that most people posting on this forum are amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by kielsun View Post
    Yes, I do believe that most people posting on this forum are amateurs.
    Okay... That was funny. And true.
    As far as the wetsuit choice... If your cold water surfing will be Maine then I'd suppose you'd need the 6/5/4. I use that suit in NYC winters. If you get a 3/2 then you could always add a thermal underliner if you needed it for the mid Atlantic winters.

I surf in MA and NH all year round. The last two years I have used only two suits. A 3/2 from June to about Oct (depending on the air temp). Then I switch to a 6/5/4. The 6/5/4 is definitely overkill for most of the fall but oh well... saves me from buying a 4/3. I would get the 3/2 and then either a 6/5/4 or a 5/4 depending on how cold you want to be while surfing up in ME during the winter.

8. I reckon good 3/2 chest zip and a heated vest would keep you Above the Weather year round in Sojerz
    http://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/page...ign=Quiksilver

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

I use only a 4/3 Psycho and wear underarmour underneath during the winter. Surfing midatantic and often travel to CA in the winter.

2/2 short arm full and a top of the line 4/3 and your stylin'