LOGIN | REGISTER

Getting back in at The Wall

I was at The Wall in NH on thanksgiving and while I was getting out I literally got beaten the hell out off while getting out. My board got dinged on the nose real bad and I twisted my knee real bad. The tide was coming in so I was trying to time it with a lull in the waves but I still got tossed everywhere. Is there any real smart way to get out back onto the rocks or do you just have to get lucky?

Images
    Don't surf the wall at hightide, go north ten minute to jenness beach. It's a hightide beach.

Thanksgiving we also had a extreme high tide!

Images
    I second that. The wall is not a spot to surf at high tide. Once the waves start approaching the rocks the conditions typically get pretty poor.

Quote Originally Posted by RID View Post
    I second that. The wall is not a spot to surf at high tide. Once the waves start approaching the rocks the conditions typically get pretty poor.
    I went out when the tide was much lower and on the rise and the waves were good. I came in though once the conditions starting getting bad and unfortunately that is the same time the tide is pretty high