LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Images
    bwahahaha.....please give me what they are smoking. Ions in the air.....lmao

Some people just have way too much time on their hands. While some of it may be true to an extent. I don't buy the whole scientific BS

shyts ridiculous......
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Nov 29, 2011 at 03:03 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    bwahahaha.....please give me what they are smoking. Ions in the air.....lmao

Some people just have way too much time on their hands. While some of it may be true to an extent. I don't buy the whole scientific BS

shyts ridiculous......
    mite be some truth to it man... I definetly dont get the same feeling when i go skiing.

I know there's some truth to the negative ion theory... it's used as therapy for some types of mood disorders. But I highly doubt that the natural concentration is high enough at the beach to create those same effects. I know that in one test, low concentrations of negative ions yielded NO results... low being about 10,000 ions per cubic meter of air. Only very high concentrations (<2.5 million ions per cubic meter of air) in controlled environments prove effective.

Still... it can't be bad for you, that's for sure!
    Last edited by LBCrew; Nov 29, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

more likely endorphins released by exercising.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    more likely endorphins released by exercising.
    this^^^

/thread

I guess I lost interest when Point Break was mentioned. Ions schmions.

I heard they measured a guys brain waves while surfing and they discovered it's the same as meditation, a transcendence state if you will.

All I know is when I get a great wave, no matter where I am, I can ride it again in my mind for a week.

should I put seawater in my bubbler?

Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    I heard they measured a guys brain waves while surfing and they discovered it's the same as meditation, a transcendence state if you will.
    Now THAT is something I can relate to.

endorphins released from simply exercising are nowhere near the endorphins released when surfing. plus, there's a sustained elevated mood that occurs (with me, at least) for the entire day into the next day after a really good session or from bigger waves. i can't compare it to exercising. there's more to it than that. that's why a word was created for it called "stoke". imagine what those dudes feel like who conquer Maverick's or Chopes for a day feel like? that's why they are junkies.