LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    "Surfing is even more transitory than climbing up, or skiing down a mountain. At least when you're done, the mountain is still there. . .The problem is that Miki had nothing to show his art. As soon as the wave is gone, it's done. All the beautiful 'wave paintings' he did have disappeared. / You're so in the moment it's like dreaming; you act on instinct. And the dream-state pleasure-producing endorphins are so powerful that when you pull out of the wave you can't wait to catch another and prolong the dream. Talk about addictive."
    - David Rensin/(Stacy Peralta hybrid quotation) pg. 17 in Rensin's book "All for a Few Perfect Waves (The audacious Life and Legend of Rebel Surfer Miki Dora)"
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Nov 29, 2011 at 06:46 PM.

Hi my name Staystoked and i'm a surfaholic... i just cant live without surfahol.

i think there is some truth to this. there is really nothing like the feeling after getting out of the water after a great session. it's a weird high that is hard to explain.

the feeling after a day of powder is great as well, but is distinctly different from that of a great surf session

4. Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    Hi my name Staystoked and i'm a surfaholic... i just cant live without surfahol.
    I don't know much about Science, but I do know that surfing gets me High Above the Weather! Ain't nothin' wrong with that...

Images
    Chemistry bra... alters state of mind & chemical reactions in the body affect us... can't deny that. Cool little article for sure... I can relate to feeling relaxed and great a day or two after a great sesh.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    lol, I see what you did there.

/moron

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I know there's some truth to the negative ion theory... it's used as therapy for some types of mood disorders. But I highly doubt that the natural concentration is high enough at the beach to create those same effects. I know that in one test, low concentrations of negative ions yielded NO results... low being about 10,000 ions per cubic meter of air. Only very high concentrations (<2.5 million ions per cubic meter of air) in controlled environments prove effective.

Still... it can't be bad for you, that's for sure!
    I think LBCrew pretty much sums it up.

on a side note....Stoke = endorphins. Not, Ions in the air......
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Nov 30, 2011 at 12:08 AM.

salt and minerals in sea water get absorbed into the skin and makes you feel chilled out, thats why people take mineral baths

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    should I put seawater in my bubbler?
    Only if you use whats trapped in your booties.

Images
    Cool article. I just consider the "high" as a consequence of spending time among the elements.