LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm here in RI right now for work and right before dark I drove to Ruggles just to see what it looked like and it looked tastey, it looked like Trestles today

after sleeping on yesterday's swell that was top 5 swells of 2011 for monmouth county. i saw more stand up barrels yesterday then the irene swell.

I got two kids and surf alone whenever I can...Unless it's sketchy big or something. Heck, I prefer to surf alone or with just a buddy ow two. I dunno, call me selfish.

I don't get to surf enough as it is. Alone... with friends... in a crowd... whatever it takes.

I scored a usually packed spot in Mo Co zone with 3 people out. It was as good as it gets. I got too many waves for 5 hours. Rights and some deep tubes.

People are retarded. 30 guys out when its waist high then 3 dudes out when its head high and breaking perfectly.

Good day yesterday.

Images
    Yesterday was awesome indeed....

Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    I got two kids and surf alone whenever I can...Unless it's sketchy big or something. Heck, I prefer to surf alone or with just a buddy ow two. I dunno, call me selfish.
    We're all selfish when it comes to surf, brudda. Like I said, I do surf alone too. To use your words it was "sketchy big" or damn close to it. Also, I seriously should have been on my way to work already and knew it would take me a more time than I had to get my bearings and deal with the current in that swell. It was a weird moment. some gut bad feeling. Very odd, which is why I mentioned it.

It'd be Interesting to hear if other people are a bit more conservative and take fewer risks once they spawn. Maybe I'll start another thread on it. Peace.
    Last edited by ragdolling; Dec 1, 2011 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    Odd day for me. Got to the beach with a short window to surf before I had to get to work - like 30-45 mins. It was big, drifty, thumping but looked super fun. But not a soul in the water. I mean nobody. And this was like 930 a.m.

I made this promise to myself and my wife when my first kid was born 5 years ago that I'd never surf alone again. Admittedly, I have broken it a few times on small days, but I had this weird feeling that this was not a day to do that. Still, I thought, "just catch one or two." So I started to put on my suit, but then had a weird feeling and couldn't stop thinking of my kids and thought better of it and went to work.

But damn, you could tell it was gonna be super good once it got a bit more
    organized.
    I has same feeling that day. Made it out but had feeling in pit of stomach and called it early. Having young kids makes you feel mortal and you 2nd guess everything. I guess its normal but it sucks.

2 the two guys that didnt surf because they have kids........ Where were u at? IT wasnt THAT big. Definitely some great barrels though for sure. JUst wear a Life Vest! HAhaha maybe a Helmet depending on how many kids you got..... Making it sound like it was like double overhead or something. MAybe try that new wave jet! hahahahahahahaha
    Last edited by Etl1692; Dec 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etl1692 View Post
    2 the two guys that didnt surf because they have kids........ Where were u at? IT wasnt THAT big. Definitely some great barrels though for sure. JUst wear a Life Vest! HAhaha maybe a Helmet depending on how many kids you got..... Making it sound like it was like double overhead or something. MAybe try that new wave jet! hahahahahahahaha
    AHHHHhahahahaaaaa....no. They obviously care about their family, respect.