LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Etl1692 View Post
    2 the two guys that didnt surf because they have kids........ Where were u at? IT wasnt THAT big. Definitely some great barrels though for sure. JUst wear a Life Vest! HAhaha maybe a Helmet depending on how many kids you got..... Making it sound like it was like double overhead or something. MAybe try that new wave jet! hahahahahahahaha

    So now you're acting like I'm some sort of kook because I made a promise to my wife and kids and kept it. Classy, bro.

    And it doesn't take a huge double overhead day for something weird to happen, like a spinal cord injury. And with no one in the water to help things could get ugly. The true kook, my friend, is anyone who thinks they can only get hurt on a double overhead day.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,429
    Images
    5
    Every time I have been hurt it happened in relatively small surf. I broke my nose on a knee to thigh high day, got my teeth knocked out and a waist high plus day, gashed my arm on a chest high day, chipped my skull on a shoulder high day. Now that I'm older (mid 40's) I don't venture out when it is absolutely macking which to me is head to overhead top to bottom barrels. Mushy head + I will still go out but am very conservative.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Coaster
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    So now you're acting like I'm some sort of kook because I made a promise to my wife and kids and kept it. Classy, bro.

    And it doesn't take a huge double overhead day for something weird to happen, like a spinal cord injury. And with no one in the water to help things could get ugly. The true kook, my friend, is anyone who thinks they can only get hurt on a double overhead day.
    Woah Woah... Slow down my man. Hahah no one said anything about being a kook. No worries, just breaking balls. Family is everything brotha. Dont take it personal. Just more waves for me!!!! Happy Holidays All!!

    Cheers!

  4. #24
    Is there hope for a fun session in NJ tomorrow morning?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    405
    I actually had a pretty awesome day today as well.. obviously not as good as wednesday but I had just as much fun. Like always the Casino pier was crowded but these dopes are tradin off inconsistant mush with 14 of their closest friends all on the south side, where the north side was just as good. I surfed an hour on the south side with the crowd and then went over to the north for the another 2 hours. Surfed waist high glass all by myself for the last 2 hours... I'll take it

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Etl1692 View Post
    Woah Woah... Slow down my man. Hahah no one said anything about being a kook. No worries, just breaking balls. Family is everything brotha. Dont take it personal. Just more waves for me!!!! Happy Holidays All!!

    Cheers!
    Okay, sorry bro. Your suggestion that I get a wave jet just got my hackles up. Those things are the devil's work for sure. Peace.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Etl1692 View Post
    2 the two guys that didnt surf because they have kids........ Where were u at? IT wasnt THAT big. Definitely some great barrels though for sure. JUst wear a Life Vest! HAhaha maybe a Helmet depending on how many kids you got..... Making it sound like it was like double overhead or something. MAybe try that new wave jet! hahahahahahahaha
    LOL..That's pretty funny. Reading my post now, it does sound rather lame. I think i just felt too slow/behind the wave that day. Do you think they sell those vests with expandable waists?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MB 07750
    Posts
    349
    It'd be Interesting to hear if other people are a bit more conservative and take fewer risks once they spawn. Maybe I'll start another thread on it. Peace.
    not only fewer risks also I surf less in favor of putting time into my business so my kids will have all the financial advantages that I can give them, missed every session this week so I could work on a proposal, once you have kids its not about you anymore (unless you're a piece of ****) its hard to explain, if me now at 40 were to go back and time and say this to me at 25 I'd be like yeah whatever loser

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    once you have kids its not about you anymore (unless you're a piece of ****)
    i agree with this - to a point. i've gotta take some personal time away from the fam to come back a better family man. i am definitely a better (more patient, caring, giving, loving) father/husband/son/brother if i get out regularly. if i don't get out i start to become just the opposite of those things. it sounds terrible to be so dependent on a wave fix. but it's true.

  10. #30
    This morning was fun!