LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Actually I don't mind when this site says 1ft and I'm riding 3-4ft solo.

I'm inland and this site is the first place I check, it's pretty dam accurate.

But common sense rules, I have to factor in the "other" reliable sources.

Images
    Yea swellinfo is usually very good for forecasts because they update their info at least a couple times a day. Surfline doesn't do that and more often than not, their wave height predictions are always a couple feet off. the only reason i pay for surfline is because of the cams and the content i enjoy on the site. use more than one site or just go check the surf with your own eyes. best cams ever

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    Not for anything, who ever has been predicting surf conditions in the Northeast lately for this site has no ****ing idea what they're doing; two days ago was unreal and was marked at this site as poor conditions....use your cams and lola. today I woke up at 6am expecting atleast waist to chest high surf as predicted for 5 days now too instead looked at a cam and it couldn't be more than knee high - fire that kooks ass.
    WOW!!! First time poster and your already making freinds.... I hope this is not the way you act in the lineup...

As far as forecasting- have you ever looked at any of the other surf sites??? Come on-the others are consistantly wrong...
    BUT if you think you can do a better job- stop complaining and go out and do it- make your own surf forecast site or continue to pay surfline....

SWELLINFO- thanks for this site and for putting all the work into it- its really the best one around!

the forecast did say it was going to basically flat until the afternoon

Images
    yup, while you were an hour inland freaking out about conflicting reports I was surfing. Instead of getting pissed over inaccurate FORECASTS just move to the shore and become a local.

Situations like these only benefit locals. Thanks micah!!!

fore·cast, noun

a PREDICTION, especially as to the weather.
    - from dictionary.com

Images
    I hate when people bit*ch about their own laziness....

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    yup, while you were an hour inland freaking out about conflicting reports I was surfing. Instead of getting pissed over inaccurate FORECASTS just move near the beach and become a local.

Situations like these only benefit locals. Thanks micah!!!
    Just made a correction based on local lingo. lol.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by motivated2surf View Post
    Just made a correction based on local lingo. lol.
    lol just trying to dumb it down

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    lol just trying to dumb it down
    At least you can take a joke. The guy who started the thread seems to have some anger issues because free sites are off every now and then. I also surfed today and can't complain about some waist high waves. Obviously it wasn't Wednesday but I still had fun.