LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

honeymoon.. costa or PR?

looking to do a honeymoon in january. The wife doesnt really surf, would give it a go once or twice but I need a place with lots of fun activities. jet skiing, boating, sail boating or something.. things to keep us busy and have a great time... I kinda boiled it down to either Costa or PR because of the cost and ease of access, feel free to suggest other spots but these two seem like the best option. i've been to both but have no clue about other activities besides surfing... which do you guys recommend and why?

darippah

I'll be in the same boat as you soon. Definitely leaning toward Costa.

Images
    Costa Rica is not only your surfing paradise, it's the perfect honeymoon trip as well. My wife and I got married on the Pacific Coast three years ago. There are many "couple" things you guys can do together...massages, nature hikes, hot springs, horseback riding, plus more. We travel to CR twice a year and never run out of things to do...oh yea don't forget, there's surf. SShhhhhhh it's a secret!

Here is where we stayed on our honeymoon...Xandaria located in Playa Esterillios... Phat ass place you and the wife will love...check it out!

Pura Vida

Pr

PR for the honeymoon. There's more to do for your future wife. There are good waves for you and is better shopping for her. Oh and no legal hookers in PR... Most wives aren't into the hooker thing.

Images
    Here's the webiste for Xandari. You want the one in Playa Esterellios. It's right on the beach...the other one is located in San Jose.

http://www.xandari.com/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    Here's the webiste for Xandari. You want the one in Playa Esterellios. It's right on the beach...the other one is located in San Jose.

http://www.xandari.com/
    wow sweet! what'd you pay? looks real expensive at about $300/night I'd be staying there for about a week

Images
    Definitely Costa Rica... More consistent waves, and so much site seeing to do.
    My brother did his honeymoon there and they loved it. The did a week tour around the country where they traveled around the country and stayed in different places. He was able to get some surf in and keep the wife plenty happy!

Images
    thanks guys.. just booked the flight to costa. Xandari seems real expensive, i'd like to spend about $1500 for a week.. any ideas? I'm landing in Liberia and i'd like to stay in that area... also any more ideas on fun activities would be amaaazing

Images
    Avellanas, Negra, Grande....I hope wifey likes watching you surf!! lol

Images
    Here are places to stay in Costa Rica

I stayed in this hotel a long time ago, which isn't on the list, but is definitely really nice:
    http://www.tamarindodiria.com/

Its super nice, right on the beach in Tamorindo. There is surf out front, but note the greatest quality wave right there, allthough its fun.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Dec 9, 2011 at 03:00 PM.