LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dude, don't worry about me, I slay the bi**hes, however it has more to do with making things extra slippery and washes away without any oily residue after rinsed in water. In the boots it won't break done the material and can be rinsed out after the sesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Dude, if you need copious amounts of that stuff, then she's not really that into it and you're doing it wrong.

To the subject at hand: Smartwool or something similar is a great idea, however I'm not too sure how well they will work with split-toes because you will have to make a crease in the sock between your big toe and whatever you call that other one right next to it. Might take a little practice to get it comfortable without binding your toes.
    One thing I do is turn the bootie almost inside-out so you can get your toes in then peel it back over your feet. You know, kind of like one of those things you should use for the aforementioned SITS if you aren't ready to produce little Gnar's.

Images
    Gruvi where have you been? Seriously. You have some explaining to do. You show up, cause an uproar, long time forum members leave the forum (leethestud) and then go into hiding only to reappear 3 months later?

What do you have to say for yourself?

Gruvi, I thought you said you were married.

But that was a good point about using a little lube since it is, in fact water soluble. Only problem I see there is I don't see too many people wanting to wash their booties out after putting them on to avoid them being slippery inside while surfing. This would almost have to involve flushing them with the same cold seawater you are wearing them to avoid in the first place.

Images
    hot socks are the way to go . It make boots on and off alot eaiser and quicker. Plus is make a toasty pair of boots even warmer

I use baby powder too to make em easier to get on and keep the stink at bay - but the suggestion to pour out the extra is KEY. here's a cautionary tale:

Last winter I was suiting up in the car on a frigid day, heat on full blast. Took out my boot and a huge puff of baby powder flies out, then gets dispersed from the heat blasting out of the dashboard. Huge white cloud fills the car, I have to bail coughing my head off. Entire interior of car covered in white powder for like two weeks after. Ridiculous scene.

Use the loop on the heel to pull them over (as someone mentioned), works for me and I have same pair, and I don't have a problem. Tho I'm gonna try the socks now to try and snug the fit, do they not make 1/2 sizes?

Hey Wally,it's been back to work since mid October. I can't get away til next June unless I can get a week off this winter to hit up Costa. Good to see ya again tho!
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    Gruvi where have you been? Seriously. You have some explaining to do. You show up, cause an uproar, long time forum members leave the forum (leethestud) and then go into hiding only to reappear 3 months later?

What do you have to say for yourself?

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Hey Wally,it's been back to work since mid October. I can't get away til next June unless I can get a week off this winter to hit up Costa. Good to see ya again tho!
    dude gruvi come on man you seriously dissappeared. not good.

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    dude gruvi come on man you seriously dissappeared. not good.
    Well I guess I haven't had any surfing time in and no new advice needed since last I was here. I guess once my surf season begins for me again I'll be more into active posting and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Well I guess I haven't had any surfing time in and no new advice needed since last I was here. I guess once my surf season begins for me again I'll be more into active posting and stuff
    what in the hell is a 'surf season'?