LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumb surfers?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    Why is it when swellinfo predicts good surf and it ends up being blown out or just bad, people still paddle out and crowd certain breaks? Mainly in OCMD I notice this...

Do they really think its good? Or are they just totally unaware and figure if swellinfo says its good, then it must be...
    Same old topic. Damn those kooks, they took our waves!!! (>_<)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

Quote Originally Posted by greenbanana View Post
    It's just such a waste to drive and and not even paddle out. Worst case scenario, you get no rides but stay in shape just paddling around.
    Yeppers. Inland living is definitely frustrating, but that 1 out of 20 times when you drive through the night and roll up at dawn, greeted by silky green barrels...it makes the whole thing worth it. The other 19 times, I'd still rather jump in the ocean and paddle a few miles than stay warm.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    Is this a rhetorical question or are you looking to gain some valuable insight from an answer? I recommend you #StayAbovetheWeather by taking other's actions as give-ins and adjusting accordingly, rather than complaining. Try paddling out down the beach or relocating to Bora Bora...
    Couldnt have said it any better myself! Stay above the weather brah!
    And get in the water as much as possable before the cold!
    Last edited by walkingonh2o; Dec 8, 2011 at 02:06 AM.