LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have the necbeard with the original chop tail. I bought it this past summer in southern CA, rode it in over head high salt creek, and now i currently ride it in the crap waves of SWFL. i love this board, ive never rode a single board so much, i sold my fishcuit because i never rode it anymore. im 6'4" and i ride a 5'10" . Get the neckbeard, and go short.

Get the Bing Dharma. Sick board

http://www.bingsurf.com/surfboards_dharma

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    brah, the sub scorcher is literally just losts version of the DD, Kolohe even quoted it in the description "I wanted something like what dane rides" and they even call it "the trashcan lid cuz you don't need to go dumpster diving to find one of these". Same damn thing in theory. Every company has a DD (well technically it was first roberts "white dove" which started the stubby high performance groveler fad which i love). Just go to a shaper and say "i want a shorted board than my average shortboard that is good for typical east coast summers but can still do turns" and you'll get what you want
    The Subscorcher is a lot different then the DD I think, DD has a deep single concave throughout while the Subscorcher has a single to double with some v. Both are pretty comparable with the size/type of wave they go best in, but the bottom contours would definitely give them a different feel. It's all personal preference.

To the OP: neither the DD or NB are going to go that well in small mushy surf. If you really want a board for when its small then just get a full on groveler and ride it when its too small for your DD.

Images
    I'm currently in the mix of trying to find a local shaper to shape me a custom DD for Jersey.. its difficult because it seems likie they aren't always good at emailing back. But soon it'll happen, just have to wait it out. I think its the best way to go....

Remember, small wave in cali is different then small wave other places (ie jersey)