LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Post What is the best small wave board out there?

I am about 5'10" and i weigh about 130. Im thinking about either getting a 5'6" Dumpster Diver, or a 5'5" Pod. Any suggestions? I want a board that can turn and at the same time catch tiny knee high waves easily. Thanks

5'9" 7S superfish and itll prob last alot longer than the designer thin glassed boards. I have the 6'3'' and it is nuts. Dont go too short. Ur not dane renolds and ull prob put on weight at some point.

you should go to 7th Street ,KONA, or Easternlines and check out the Randazzo Industries, look for the lil Joe, Pork Frog, & Chop Sue Wii, & Mysto, and order a Custom, we can dail you in with a board made for you, and a big plus is every custom i keep the file so can email or skype me and make any adjustments you may want in the future .
    We would be stoked to make what you want.

www.randazzoindustries.com
    this vid shows the Chop Sue Wii & Porkfrog
    http://vimeo.com/29105533
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO6Jx_1hZoM

Mysto
    http://westsurfboards.com/Boards-mysto.html
    Last edited by West Surfboards; Dec 13, 2011 at 06:17 AM.

Stop by Greenlight at take the Groveler for a test drive. Designed and built for the smallest rideable local surf we get. I think the one in the shop is a 5'8, but you can custom a smaller one. I've been out on days and have said to myself, "man... I wish I had that Groveler right now."

http://greenlightsurfsupply.com/gree...fboards-2.aspx
    Last edited by LBCrew; Dec 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM.

I know it's not what you're getting at here, but I really think everybody should have a longboard in their quiver for the knee high days, maybe with a pintail for ease of turn.

If you insist on a shorter board, though, I'd talk to somebody local instead of paying a bunch of money for a board that won't last as long or work as well in our surf...

Images
    I second that. If you want to ride knee high surf get a longboard. Whenever I see guys trying to ride small waves on shorter boards it just looks so frustrating and not fun.

Images
    dumpster diver--and all other versions--should be renamed "the gimmick"

get a longboard for those conditions.

The Tommy Moore Slop Rod, sickest thing ever for waist to ankle, catches waves like a retro fish, performs unreal for such a fat little board. Basically the performace of a high performace fish, with the paddle, glide , and wave catching ability of a mini simmons. Eps/Epoxy build. I am 5'-8 - 160 lbs and mine is super bouyant, tons of float. I catch waves so much earlier than all the dumpster diver or "gimmick" guys in stuff thigh high or under.

SLOP ROD PIC2 by jblacks, on Flickr

SLOP ROD BOTTOM 1 by jblacks, on Flickr

slop rod by jblacks, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Stop by Greenlight at take the Groveler for a test drive. Designed and built for the smallest rideable local surf we get. I think the one in the shop is a 5'8, but you can custom a smaller one. I've been out on days and have said to myself, "man... I wish I had that Groveler right now."

http://greenlightsurfsupply.com/gree...fboards-2.aspx
    going to try one out next small day. thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    dumpster diver--and all other versions--should be renamed \"the gimmick get a longboard for those conditions.
    Hey Damook,you should trademark that name.Anyone willing to bet a board will come out soon called "the gimmick"?
    Surfing, just like anything else, has it fads. some are here to stay, some go out of style and come back again. Its fun to try new shapes and and see how they perform. you take the things you like about a board and incorporate them into your next board. i saw a rocket fish when they 1st became popular that had a double wing swallow and fins that curved towards the stringer( this was before F.C.S). the shop owner called the fins "south african turbo fins". Needless to say i had to buy the board. It's one of the best boards I"ve ever owned. i still have it, although it's beat up pretty bad and almost unsurfable, and use it as a reference along with the other magic boards that I've kept over time whenever i get a new board shaped.
    Last edited by Peajay4060; Dec 13, 2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo