LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kielsun View Post
    No, you don't need one, but in my opinion riding a longboard is the best way to have lots of fun in tiny waves. Other \"small wave boards\" sound interesting, too, though. I tried out a fish for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was a good time.
    Just FYI ...IMO most fishes arent really intended for tiny waves. Especially ones with keel fins and deep swallow tails.

Anyway on point...I agree with Zippy. I own a longboard and love riding it but find it really boring in tiny waves. I like doing turns, pumps and a loose feel in tiny waves and would much rather ride a board like this (below) than a longboard in 1-2 foot mush:

Last edited by mitchell; Dec 14, 2011 at 07:42 PM.

Images
    Although after that crap this morning I needed something else, not sure what, probably just a better wave.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrab View Post
    what are the dims on that board? looking @ something like that with a twinzer set up for a next board.
    My Slop Rod is 5'-6" x 21-3/8" x 2-3/8". Pictures dont do it justice, the nose is alot fuller than it looks in the photos. Board has a ton of vee out the tail which makes it go rail to rail quickly. THe rocker is really flat with a decent amount of single concave running thru most of the board until the fins then it runs a slight double then good amount of Vee. Teh EPS/Epoxy build makes the thing super bouyant so i can catch tiny waves super early.

[IMG][/IMG]

I ride this with Future controler fins, which are a very different type of quad set up, but the fins have tons of drive in a wide tail board and keeps it loose enough to turn quick in small crap. I highly recommend this board for east coast slop. I have as much fun as one can in knee high slop on this thing. I sit 10 feet further outside than anyone with a stubby shortboard, so I get my pick of set waves typically. Board is sick, PM me if someone is interested in one I can get you in touch with the man.
    Last edited by bushwood; Dec 15, 2011 at 01:16 PM.

Jimmycrab- If you are looking for a board similar to Bushwoods but with a twinzer fin set up look @ Larry Mabile's Ghostbuster - he has some pictures on his website
    JN

Hello All

Hi,
    Hi I'm Brian from NJ. I'm 32 and I want to ask the same question, what board should i use as I haven't surfed for the last 8 years.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    5'9" 7S superfish and itll prob last alot longer than the designer thin glassed boards. I have the 6'3'' and it is nuts. Dont go too short. Ur not dane renolds and ull prob put on weight at some point.
    get the epoxy version

our duke model is built for knee to slightly overhead surf for here on the east coast! need proof? just click on our profile and you'll see robert powers our team rider riding it on 2-3 ft surf! of course all our other models are built for the same purpose, cause we're an east coast brand and our main focus is boards for junk surf! mo disrespect to long boarders, but they'll all tell you to grab a longboard, cause for some odd reason they just want everybody on one! let's just face it they are some people who just want to get more out of junk surf, like i said longboarders no disrespect! short, wide and thick! my team ruder brent from jersey rides a 5'6 x 19 3/4 x 2 1/2 and he's 5'11 170, robert rides a 5'4 x 19 1/4 x 2 1/2 and he's 5'7 130 and josh is 5'7 140 and he rides a 4'10 x 22 1/4 x 2 3/4 mini simmons!

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    so im in the market for a "small wave board" now. and was gonna get my local shaper jimmy keith to shape a dumpster diver kind of shape, anyone try a dumpster diver in knee-waist high surf?

get a lost plank. it catches ankle high dribblers and shin high chop. Soars like a longboard when you stand up and really performs like a low volume shortboard. Also good in better surf as well. Here is a wave I rode on it yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb5nsK32EaM

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    get a lost plank. it catches ankle high dribblers and shin high chop. Soars like a longboard when you stand up and really performs like a low volume shortboard. Also good in better surf as well. Here is a wave I rode on it yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb5nsK32EaM
    im getting a local shaper to shape me a small wave board, but just cant decide on what template i want.