LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go pro go home

Images

Go pro go home

If I never see another video shot with a go pro camera it will not be soon enough. The angle from the front of the board is perhaps the worst angle I have ever seen in a surf video the second worst angle is from a head camera. Thoughts?

sounds like someone wants a gopro with headmount for christmas! lol. I like using my gopro. its fun to see the waves after a session and it actually can be used as a tool to better ones surfing. I tend to keep the footage for myself though...

Images

I think the Go Pro is sick, but not to film yourself, to ride behind a freind and video , or the side angle shots you can get of your friends and what not. I too hate the board mounted footage. Saw someone at Pipe get a huge bomb then it showed the GoPro footage from the same wave with the cameral mounted to the nose and it looked like a waist high clean barrel from that angle.

Images
    Yeah, they don't do much for me, either. But there is one video I'd like to see from last year.
    Some guy learning on a long board was about to drop in on me way inside, near the end of the wave. On the nose I noticed the go pro. Had enough speed to just run around way in front of him and keep going. Didn't say word, just surfed a semi-circle around him..backside.

I couldn't agree more with the original poster - those things are ridiculous. I have never seen a really good picture taken with one, nor have I ever seen a dude that rips with one of those things glued to the front of his board. On a longboard it is beyond stupid (seen more than one kook in VB doing it). The nose is for noseriding, not a camera stand. Just ditch the camera and learn how to noseride...

Quote Originally Posted by csburg View Post
    I couldn't agree more with the original poster - those things are ridiculous. I have never seen a really good picture taken with one, nor have I ever seen a dude that rips with one of those things glued to the front of his board. On a longboard it is beyond stupid (seen more than one kook in VB doing it). The nose is for noseriding, not a camera stand. Just ditch the camera and learn how to noseride...
    No one that rips??? how about Sunny Garcia, Sion Milosky (rip), Holly Beck......
    Its really just a personal choice to put a camera on. I think after someone posts a couple pics even they get bored with them, but for me, I enjoy looking through the footage after a session.... I would say I use my gopro 50% of the time, and its 100% for my own enjoyment. Who gives a crap what anyone else thinks?
    Unfortunately some kooks do use it... but some kooks use surfboards too... lol.

Well let not make the GOPRO so kooky looking;

i have a Challenge ;

WEST Surfboards’GoPro HD Surf Hero Contest Giveaway

http://westsurfboards.com/News-%20GOPRO%20CONTEST.html

CATAGORIES

AIR 360: your craziest, highest, Full Rotation, AIR 360

Longest Barrel: the sickest, deepest, longest barrel ride

BEST 2 min EDIT: best edit using at least 3 of the GOPRO attachments ie: brd mount, helmet mount, hand held, ...

*STARTS: JAN 1ST , 2012 *

With, aguaholic on this one, wrist mount/hand held is the only way to use it. The Wild Lyfe guys post some sick videos using the wrist and hand mounts. It's the only way, in my opinion, to get a good quality footage, that doesn't make you sick from watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    No one that rips??? how about Sunny Garcia, Sion Milosky (rip), Holly Beck......
    Its really just a personal choice to put a camera on. I think after someone posts a couple pics even they get bored with them, but for me, I enjoy looking through the footage after a session.... I would say I use my gopro 50% of the time, and its 100% for my own enjoyment. Who gives a crap what anyone else thinks?
    Unfortunately some kooks do use it... but some kooks use surfboards too... lol.

Sorry, I was referring to guys I've actually been in the water with, not superstars (that are probably paid/sponsored by GoPro). Very good point about kooks in the water, but I stand by my original comment... if you have a longboard with a camera on the nose, (unless you are Joel Tudor), you should probably just ditch the camera and worry more about noseriding.