LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go pro go home

Images
    Mfitz that is very reasonable to use it as a tool to improve. And I agree with Bushwood that shots from behind or beside someone are nice but thats not what I am referring to. I guess I should have said I do not like go pros used in first person. If you are using a go pro as a in water camera that is a different story all together. I am not a real fan of the hand mount either, first person is not very interesting of a shot in my opinion. Maybe if you were watching it on an IMAX screen and the wave was a 30 footer it would look great so cant say its useless in any situation but I am yet to see a video shot with a go pro in any type of first person application (board mount, head mount, hand mount) that was even close to the footage captured by someone not on the board (whether they are in the water or on the shore).

Regarding west surfboards challenge...... a 360 on a go pro would look terrible, and its much more impressive to see someone deep in a barrel from the beach where you think he is doomed and not going to make it and then he comes charging out of the barrel just in time or a down the line shot of someone in a barrel than a first person view form inside a barrel.

As for the 2 minute edit I would love to see the best footage from a go pro set up shot anywhere in the world vs anything shot by the guys at Alpine Live. They make some of the best surf videos period and the majority of there stuff is shot in NH on waist to chest waves.
    Last edited by RID; Dec 13, 2011 at 06:43 PM.

Images
    I agree with you guys that MOST of the first person views are dumb but IMO i really like the in the barrel shots. I mean what gets better than that view?

As for the 2 minute edit I would love to see the best footage from a go pro set up shot anywhere in the world vs anything shot by the guys at Alpine Live. They make some of the best surf videos period and the majority of there stuff is shot in NH on waist to chest waves.

I agree with that...Alpine Live puts out some great stuff. It is tough to find quality work of the northeast...I check that site a lot!

I agree, the angle from the front of the board looking back doesn't really do much for me, until i saw this video.

http://www.swellinfo.com/video/alana-and-monyca

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    I agree, the angle from the front of the board looking back doesn't really do much for me, until i saw this video.

http://www.swellinfo.com/video/alana-and-monyca
    Koki....Thanks man...now ... I'm good :P

As for the string...it's technology and its a gadget...cell phones are no longer phones but everything else wrapped up...do ya have one of those where you spend time playing Angry Birds...I say...don't be a hater, you can always choose not to watch the video on your cool gadget phone after all. JMHO

And you know its still considered new technology cause you haven't seen a Britney, Paris or Lindsay GoPro video.
    Last edited by WesB; Dec 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM.

Images
    It doesn't make you "Go" and it CERTAINLY doesn't make you "Pro." Let alone a "Hero" That's all I'm sayin'
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Dec 14, 2011 at 01:13 PM.

Images
    Seeing a person on a wave jet with a go pro mounted to the nose will be the day surfing as we know it officially dies!