LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    It's funny how these threads end up all over the place! Fuel TV had a reality show about the NS, and I remember an episode where Makua slapped a sponger down for a less than do or die drop in. I can't help but feel he thinks he's a bit entitled to "regulate".

The Hawaii seceding issue is complicated, they did get screwed, but I agree with previuos threads that the Japanese weren't about to skip over that little gem(look at a map of Japanese occupied territory during the war). Also two of my favorite platoon seargents I served under were Hawaiian(one was Junior Seau's uncle-Gunny Lapada, you da man) so to say all Hawaiians are against the US is not true. Many Hawaiians serve the US armed forces. The thing I don't get are obvious haoles, Filipino's, Japanese ect... that are jumping on the local bandwagon, it's cool to honor a culture that you happen to live around but a white boy living around an Indian rez still makes you a white boy.....

During my time in France, I found the good and the bad... the ugly and the beautiful. I ate their food, drank their wine, rode their trains, stayed in their guest houses, partied in their clubs, surfed their waves... but I NEVER challenged anyone on their politics. That's something I won't do as a guest in another country. When I choose to go somewhere, I go to learn and appreciate what's there with an open mind, because I know I DON'T KNOW SH!T. I just want to experience it all, and not judge or confront people about what is good or bad, right or wrong. Like my old man used to say, "just watch and learn."

And I appreciate it when visitors come here and do the same.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    THANK YOU!!!!

Not only did i NEVER say i have ever been to france, I was speaking STRICTLY on the french I have encountered visiting MY COUNTRY. Living, working and surfing in SAN DIEGO... not france.... so while i CANT WAIT to go to france and experience it myself, I have had policitcal, cultulral and surf related debates with FRENCH guys visiting american soil... so with that being said my friend, those particular people can kiss my as$.... I would NEVER go to france and speak on cooking, wine or what have you... but dont ever, ever, ever ever come over to San Diego from France and hate on my counties leadership, military or ANYTHING else.... I would never step on your toes, so leave mine alone///

Re-read my post/ Never been to france...

Been to HI... Read every publication available to tourists there and they will talk about how everything wasin japanese prior to WW2, and after pearl harbor, you know the rest.... dont overlook what I was Actually speaking of...

I cant wait to go to france and embrace their culture.... thats not what I was saying.... im talking to all the french who love us so much. Live on our soil, drink our FAR BETTER WINE, surf our world class waves but want to tell me about their perfect french world... read between the lines. and pay attention to detail! Cheers.
    Really?... In my experience French visitors are humble and stoked to be here. They don't speak English well enough to go around being all cocky and looking to argue about politics and what not. I bet you started it by asking if they have electricity in France or if it's true that French women don't shave their mustache or the usual sh!t...

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    During my time in France, I found the good and the bad... the ugly and the beautiful. I ate their food, drank their wine, rode their trains, stayed in their guest houses, partied in their clubs, surfed their waves... but I NEVER challenged anyone on their politics. That's something I won't do as a guest in another country. When I choose to go somewhere, I go to learn and appreciate what's there with an open mind, because I know I DON'T KNOW SH!T. I just want to experience it all, and not judge or confront people about what is good or bad, right or wrong. Like my old man used to say, "just watch and learn."

And I appreciate it when visitors come here and do the same.
    Well said, I think one of the worst generalizations overall is that of Americans. I do not know how many times in my travels someone has told me "for an American, your ok" now how am I supposed to take that?

Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    i'm glad someone has the balls to investigate and publish an article about it, despite the lacking of real detail...

Images
    Jesus...what a pathetic story. The writers for "Survivor" would probably cringe at that script!