LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    lol...hilarious! One of my favorite all time movies.

    And, don't know how true it is but rumor has it that the Hawaiians are trying to secede from the United States because of this whole thing.

    On a side note, when I was in Hawaii last year....I as well had nothing but great times. I was blessed to visit Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and Lanai. Never once had an issue. I don't know if Hawaii can secede or not. But, it sucks they are trying to accomplish this.
    I'm sure that something like this would be the impetus for a state to secede. Just like the Arab Spring, the Rothman/Barron brawl will have the locals protesting in the streets. That is the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,384
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by El Porto View Post
    I'm sure that something like this would be the impetus for a state to secede. Just like the Arab Spring, the Rothman/Barron brawl will have the locals protesting in the streets. That is the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet.
    It is dumb..but, it's true they are trying. Pretty funny actually.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Dec 15, 2011 at 07:25 PM.

  3. #23
    There has been a core group of Hawaiians trying to secede since they became a state. I was a marine grunt stationed at Kaneohe(early 90's) and every year on the day they lost their independence we were warned not to leave base, and every year it seemed like some local would pull down the American flag at some place like the statehouse and some hardcore jarhead would be there trying to raise it back up leading to some kind of physical altercation.

    If you ever watch international competitions you'll notice there is a team USA and a team Hawaii.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    2,142
    Images
    26
    France should stop hating and should thank us because they dont have to speak German now. And the islanders should thank us since they dont have to speak Japanese. I'm sure we take better care of them than anyone else. All of the guys were are speaking of dont even have hawaiian roots, so who cares. I dont care if your last name is irons, rothman, obrien or whatever. they are all the same as us and need to stop fronting then. Cause if mainlanders arent welcome, all those pro surfing silver spooners should pack up and head home.
    Last edited by zach619; Dec 15, 2011 at 08:46 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,384
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by bauer View Post
    Seems like Linsey Lohan was involved some how LOL
    Surfer mag thread about this fight was deleted??? wtf everyone seems to be scared to be associated with this thing..
    Here's part of it http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/sho...79&an=0&page=0

    And, here's a link showing who didn't get paid
    http://www.aspworldtour.com/asp-info...32&source=prod
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Dec 15, 2011 at 08:49 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,384
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by macedon View Post
    There has been a core group of Hawaiians trying to secede since they became a state. I was a marine grunt stationed at Kaneohe(early 90's) and every year on the day they lost their independence we were warned not to leave base, and every year it seemed like some local would pull down the American flag at some place like the statehouse and some hardcore jarhead would be there trying to raise it back up leading to some kind of physical altercation.

    If you ever watch international competitions you'll notice there is a team USA and a team Hawaii.
    Interesting.....Is this the reason they have their own flag?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    40
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    France should stop hating and should thank us because they dont have to speak German now. And the islanders should thank us since they dont have to speak Japanese. I'm sure we take better care of them than anyone else.
    You're not serious, are you?...

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Outer Banks NC
    Posts
    29
    hawaii looked into the implications of succession a long time ago and gave it up when it became evident they would loose all federal benefits(unemployment/foodstamps). They realized they couldnt get by on their own and would have to pawn their island to survive. the north shore mentality is just as far from reality as possible. Im sure there are really nice people there but they live in a bubble. good place to visit but you wouldnt want to live there. I should know i live on a island.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Strange that they took every hawaian's prize money except John John (but that i can understand... but Dusty Payne too weird stuff

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mission Beach/Spring Lake
    Posts
    613
    I might be stoopid but, it looks like only guys that are in the top 34 get paid.
    53 (entries) - 19 ($0 prize money awards) = 34...

    http://www.aspworldtour.com/asp-info...32&source=prod

    PS - this **** is so entertaining. I hope there's a video of Eddie ripping through his shirt and turning green, right before he beats up the entire billabong staff.