LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nj Reefbreaks

Nj Reefbreaks

Hey all i was wondering are there any reef breaks in nj? you guys dont need say the spot just like the general area.

not in nj. only beach breaks. There is one natural point, thats it.

NY has reefs

I know of a few "natural" points (if you can realy call them than) in NJ other than the one your thinking of.
    It just takes more swell for them to go

Images
    i know of one... never been probably an urban legend... but i've heard of one

its off a certain lighthouse correct?

yeah havent you heard of the Great New Jersey Reef?

The closest thing we have to a reef are shipwrecks.....and those require giant swells.

I haven't heard of any reef break - it's not warm enough for reef. There is no way - only beach breaks

Quote Originally Posted by WorldwideStoke View Post
    I haven't heard of any reef break - it's not warm enough for reef. There is no way - only beach breaks
    You've never walked on the beach and seen pieces of cold water reef? There is just as much cold water reef in the oceans if not more than warm water reef....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    You've never walked on the beach and seen pieces of cold water reef? There is just as much cold water reef in the oceans if not more than warm water reef....
    correct. just not in jersey. there are no natural reefs north of florida and south of Rhode island, no? subway cars dumped off the coast of MD for the fishing life not count