LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ocean, New Jersey
    Posts
    35
    Images
    37

    Best Surfing Work Out

    My legs are little twigs and wen I turn my spray is tiny. Whats the best way to work out on you legs for surfing.. I don't care about being in shape in stuff I just wana surf better!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    544
    Images
    2
    is this gruvi?

  3. #3
    better shape=better paddling=more waves=more practice=better surfing

  4. #4
    Well, this is actually a topic that I had to deal with over the past several months.
    In a nutshell... I excersize regularly... since high school. Im 38years old now. I have always been the type to stay out for hours and hours as long as there is surf. Back in august I noticed I had no gas in the tank. I couldnt paddle from here to there without losing my breath and my muscles burning....
    What happend to me was... I got out of shape without realizing it. I usually change my workout routine
    2 weeks light wieght, high repititions. 1 to 2 weeks heavy wieght low repetitions. But I got a bit lazy because the heavy wieght workouts were easier and faster. Over the past 3 weeks I have been doing the light wieght high repetitions workout and my endurane is almost totally back. so my suggestion, go to the gym and do squats or other leg press machines with light wieght, 15 to 20 reps for like 4 sets. If you dont know how to do squats have someone knowledgable at the gym show you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    do a forum search, this has been discussed numerous times in the past.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Well, this is actually a topic that I had to deal with over the past several months.
    In a nutshell... I excersize regularly... since high school. Im 38years old now. I have always been the type to stay out for hours and hours as long as there is surf. Back in august I noticed I had no gas in the tank. I couldnt paddle from here to there without losing my breath and my muscles burning....
    What happend to me was... I got out of shape without realizing it. I usually change my workout routine
    2 weeks light wieght, high repititions. 1 to 2 weeks heavy wieght low repetitions. But I got a bit lazy because the heavy wieght workouts were easier and faster. Over the past 3 weeks I have been doing the light wieght high repetitions workout and my endurane is almost totally back. so my suggestion, go to the gym and do squats or other leg press machines with light wieght, 15 to 20 reps for like 4 sets. If you dont know how to do squats have someone knowledgable at the gym show you.
    Dude, you spelled weight wrong 5 times. I thought it might have been a typo, but 5 times! Come on man your 38 years old!!!


    OP, Go to the gym and hit those legs. Your legs aren't going to grow from surfing. Maybe toned...but, if you want to strengthen your legs....you need to blast them in the gym. Squats, leg extensions, ect....

    And, surf as much as you can....when you surf you are actually using areas of your muscles that aren't being worked out in the gym.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Dec 15, 2011 at 12:19 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    544
    Images
    2
    OP is probably 13 years old. Lay off the squats..just drink milk for now!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Dude, you spelled weight wrong 5 times. I thought it might have been a typo, but 5 times! Come on man your 38 years old!!!


    OP, Go to the gym and hit those legs. Your legs aren't going to grow from surfing. Maybe toned...but, if you want to strengthen your legs....you need to blast them in the gym. Squats, leg extensions, ect....

    And, surf as much as you can....when you surf you are actually using areas of your muscles that aren't being worked out in the gym.
    lol. thanks for checking. I spell shiiiiit wrong all the time!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ocean, New Jersey
    Posts
    35
    Images
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    do a forum search, this has been discussed numerous times in the past.
    Just checked, there is nothing to really do with working out with your lower body. I don't need anything for upper body, I'm saying from the waist down my chest and arms are muscles. Legs and thighs are nothing. I am in shape, I surf longer then anyone of my friends. I have 5 hour session wen normally people are out in around 3 hours and i paddle for even the off sets.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64
    troll????????