LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    come on dude this exact thread was on here last week, minus OP being 10 yrs old

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    come on dude this exact thread was on here last week, minus OP being 10 yrs old
    I guess that explains it. I didn't read his other posts.....and, didn't know the OP was 10. I really couldn't tell if he was trolling or not. Sometimes it's just too hard to tell.

With that said, OP if you really are 10, sorry dude...didn't mean to offend you. Like said previously...Just drink you're milk...and surf. The weights can come later.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Dec 15, 2011 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Wrong, I was just typing short. I must admit tho, typing short is in fact misspelling the word...but, for an entire different reason.

haha, see i did it again. tho (though) lol

OP, Why would you write all those places in your travel destinations when you haven't been there? Just curious.....
    LOL, Oh, I'm sure we're all proud that you admitted that typing short is in fact a misspelling. Anyone that spends as much time as you correcting people on a posting board is a bit off. I had already forgotten about you correcting me yesterday. Now looking at your (not you're btw) action in this thread, seems like you are (or you're) on a mission of sorts...

Now don't make me leave my three story beach house, jump into my bmw, drive to the armpit of America and beat you in a game of scrabble!!!
    No, I'm just kidding. I'm sure you're a nice guy. I wrote all that more for me than you. So, we'll all be watching for grammar and spelling mistakes from you in the future. Don't let us down Agua!!

Back to the topic at hand... all the exercise advice so far is missing the critical element of how many reps to do. While I might not be the spelling pro Aqua is, I know about weight training. Lighter weights and higher reps is the way to build strength and endurance for an activity like surfing (as far as the weight room is concerned). If you do squats you don't have to go -ass to ankles- on the way down. Squatting down just at 90 degrees will save your (not you're) knee joints and will cause your thigh and glutes to work.
    Last edited by MFitz73; Dec 15, 2011 at 01:33 PM.

its your technique...working out, more body weight, etc. will help, but your technique is critical to throw some water around. Consider where you are turning on a wave, how much you're weighting your back foot, where is your head through a turn, is your bottom turn really setting you up for the type of turn you are anticipating to do, are your legs bent...etc.

Consider this...De Souza is 5'6 at 140, Taj is 5'9" at 160 and the list can go on...sure both of them can power through a turn, but their ability/technique is way more of a critical component...imho.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    LOL, Oh, I'm sure we're all proud that you admitted that typing short is in fact a misspelling. Anyone that spends as much time as you correcting people on a posting board is a bit off. I had already forgotten about you correcting me yesterday. Now looking at your (not you're btw) action in this thread, seems like you are (or you're) on a mission of sorts...

Now don't make me leave my three story beach house, jump into my bmw, drive to the armpit of America and beat you in a game of scrabble!!!
    No, I'm just kidding. I'm sure you're a nice guy. I wrote all that more for me than you. So, we'll all be watching for grammar and spelling mistakes from you in the future. Don't let us down Agua!!

Back to the topic at hand... all the exercise advice so far is missing the critical element of how many reps to do. While I might not be the spelling pro Aqua is, I know about weight training. Lighter weights and higher reps is the way to build strength and endurance for an activity like surfing (as far as the weight room is concerned). If you do squats you don't have to go -ass to ankles- on the way down. Squatting down just at 90 degrees will save your (not you're) knee joints and will cause your thigh and glutes to work.
    Haha....good stuff. Fair enough! If I dish it out, I need to be able to take it in return. My OCD made me do it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I only go after trolls. In you're case, you misspelled the word 5 times..and you are 38 years old. Just saying....
    I don't claim to be a spelling pro. I'm mean this is a forum. I at least spell check my words if I do not know how to spell them. You know, so I don't look so unintelligent.

Scrabble? Time & place.....

Btw, I noticed you spelled weight right this time.....congrats!!!!!
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Dec 15, 2011 at 02:26 PM.

Underwater rock running. Hindu squats. Running with a parachute attached to your back. MMA sparring with someone two weight classes above you. All of those things done 6-7 times a week will make you throw more spray.

Oh, and creating and large servings of whey protein. You need to get your supplement on, son!

Creatine I said!

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    I guess that explains it. I didn't read his other posts.....and, didn't know the OP was 10. I really couldn't tell if he was trolling or not. Sometimes it's just too hard to tell.
    haha i don't know if he's actually 10 - just based on the way he's typing, the whole putting places he's surfed, etc just made me think it. i was actually saying that the OP should learn how to use the search feature b/c literally last week there was a thread on this exact topic

Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    Oh, and creating and large servings of whey protein. You need to get your supplement on, son!
    You had a good post going until you mentioned Creatine, salt. Sure, you can use it if you want to bulk up quickly and run the risk of liver and kidney problems and not to mention degrade the cartilage in your joints later on down the road. The stuff also makes certain people go into wannabe roid-rage. But if that's your thing, go for it

To the OP, stick with whey protein and brewer's yeast if you want to go the supplement route. Really, you should just eat a balanced diet--you can get plenty of protein that way.