LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

tsunami debris to hit west coast

I saw on good morning america this morning that 25 million tons of debris from the tsunami in japan is expected to hit the west coast...some of which has recently started showing up. Good luck to all those who will be surfing in it.

Images
    They should send a littering ticket to Japan, if they can give $29 million to the whaling fleet why not? yes the Tsunami was horrible but giving that money to them is worse and would be breaking laws in most countries.

http://globalspin.blogs.time.com/201...ling-industry/

I wonder if it's radioactive debris?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I wonder if it's radioactive debris?
    hopefully not, but it could be possible

Quote Originally Posted by Franyfingers View Post
    They should send a littering ticket to Japan, if they can give $29 million to the whaling fleet why not? yes the Tsunami was horrible but giving that money to them is worse and would be breaking laws in most countries.

http://globalspin.blogs.time.com/201...ling-industry/
    i love whale. tastes like chicken. based on this post I just sent more money to japan relief.
    Last edited by aka pumpmaster; Dec 20, 2011 at 11:25 AM.

Images
    If there is any danger to that, which the state and local media has completely downplayed, I would be surprised. They have been monitoring water for traces of nuclear waste etc since the tsunami hit. All the levels read at a dead 0 basically. From universities and the government alike. The path is central to Nor Cal, but the japanese current pulls way south, very deep offshore. If none of the pacific trash and all the other junk in the pacific never make it to shore, I dont see why the debris would. a few thousand miles in a salt water bath and I would assume anything that didnt breakdown into nothing wasnt radioactive anyway....

maybe thats just wishfull thinking on my part, but scripps and noaa have been all over it, discrediting that. I would like to see the show you watched though. I am sure they had solid data from someone.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    If there is any danger to that, which the state and local media has completely downplayed, I would be surprised. They have been monitoring water for traces of nuclear waste etc since the tsunami hit. All the levels read at a dead 0 basically. From universities and the government alike. The path is central to Nor Cal, but the japanese current pulls way south, very deep offshore. If none of the pacific trash and all the other junk in the pacific never make it to shore, I dont see why the debris would. a few thousand miles in a salt water bath and I would assume anything that didnt breakdown into nothing wasnt radioactive anyway....

maybe thats just wishfull thinking on my part, but scripps and noaa have been all over it, discrediting that. I would like to see the show you watched though. I am sure they had solid data from someone.

well they also said it wasn't suppose to show up for another year and it is ahead of schedule...who knows. that stuff could have came off a boat

You can bet it will still be safer than NJ water. The EPA says its safe for swimmers....what a scam. NJ ocean is some of the filthiest bodies of filth I have ever been in. That sewage smell near 45th street in Ocean City is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by avonsurfernc View Post
    You can bet it will still be safer than NJ water. The EPA says its safe for swimmers....what a scam. NJ ocean is some of the filthiest bodies of filth I have ever been in. That sewage smell near 45th street in Ocean City is priceless.

that's one less person we have to worry about^

Quote Originally Posted by avonsurfernc View Post
    That sewage smell near 45th street in Ocean City is priceless.
    that's b/c the sewage plant is on 46th street, DUDE. of course you're going to be able to smell it, esp. during the summer & when the wind blows offshore...idiot. don't sure there if you don't like it. no one's forcing you to.