LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Days?

Images
    Could be less than my quoted 140 for me, not really sure. I know I surf every clean day and a bunch of small, medium and bigger sloppy days. This fall was great and I had to tally at least 30 sessions in September alone.

Quantification is overrated.

I try not to miss a swell, but occasionally it will happen, for one reason or another. So if you figure we get 2 or 4 swells a month (average) and each swell will last maybe 2 days (average), that's about 75 days of surf. Maybe a quarter of those days I'll get multiple sessions in... maybe. Plus there are those marginal days that only break for a tide or two, and if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get on a bunch of those, too... summer especially. Plus travel...

But really, I have no idea... I can tell you that it's never enough.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Dec 26, 2011 at 06:32 PM.

Images
    About 60 session. I blew out the ligaments in my right ankle right before Katia and missed both hurricane swells and the missed the Quiksilver Pro NY. I refused to go and hobble around on crutches while my home break was going off. I went to Mexico in November and made up for it tho. Stay healthy and injury free in 2012 my friends!!!!

I would say i go atleast once a week, but thats just an estimate. I was unemployeed and in school during the summer so I got a lot of sesssions in then. Then I got a 9-5 in the fall at Comcast. Worked that shift for 3 months till i got this 4-12 shift, so i missed A LOT of good sessions in the fall. Bright side is that nowadays if theres waves in the water, so am I . I'd say my # for this year is around 70. Not nearly enough.

A little too depressing to think about, so all I will say is not enough. Even worse, I live about 5 mins from the beach, but work in NYC.