LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Wetsuit Question

Can you get through the winter in the Wilmington, NC area with a 3/2 wetsuit?

I think the water temps get down to 50 or 52 degrees in late winter.

wetsuit question

i have a 3/2 with boots,gloves and headgear in myrtle beach i can go about 90 min.

after that the feet begin to freeze!

3. NO, i live in Wilmington and you wont be abe to get by with 3/2 you need a 4/3 with booties and gloves

Quote Originally Posted by WB/PIRATE Surfer View Post
    NO, i live in Wilmington and you wont be abe to get by with 3/2 you need a 4/3 with booties and gloves
    I would also through in a hood

Well, I guess I'll keep going as long as I can in the 3/2 and maybe consider getting a 4/3 later...I've already got the boots and gloves.

Or maybe just go for short sessions if I'm too cheap to buy the 4/3.

I'm already wearing my booties and gloves, my feet were numb in 62 degree water. I guess I'll keep going out in the 3/2 until I can't stand it anymore...maybe try shorter sessions if I'm too cheap to buy a 4/3.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Can you get through the winter in the Wilmington, NC area with a 3/2 wetsuit?

I think the water temps get down to 50 or 52 degrees in late winter.
    You would be warmer in a 4/3, but I surfed all last winter with a 3/2, and a hood would be advised for those windy days

I've got through the winter in a 3/2 booties and gloves, but its so much more comfortable if you just get a 4/3, you can do it in the 3/2 but theyll be some short sessions in February

Thanks for the answers, y'all.

I guess it boils down to individual cold tolerance and budget.

i think if you buy a high end 3/2 you will be find with hood on the most extreme days.you will only want to stay out longer then 90 mins if it's going off.If this is the case you will care more about the waves then the water temp.I surfed all winter in a 3/2 last year and kept the 4/3 in the closet like mikey jackson.