Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost RV

Images

Lost RV

Anyone have one? - What size you ride?

Picking up a used one for a good price wanted to get some thoughts on it.

Never rode one. Have fun. Im sure its a great board.

I have a mint condition Lost F1 I am looking to trade for a V3

Images
    I looked at some new ones and couldn't get into the wings in the tail. I'm not a fan of wings or swallows.
    What attracts you to the RV? I'm not saying it's not a good shape btw, I never rode one. Do people like it?

Quote Originally Posted by actionpants View Post
    Anyone have one? - What size you ride?

Picking up a used one for a good price wanted to get some thoughts on it.
    I wanted one until I got a custom made.

Somebody was saying that they had a couple and broke both.. One on a duck dive...

Damn I thought this was going to be about how you got stoned and lost your Recreational Vehicle.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I looked at some new ones and couldn't get into the wings in the tail. I'm not a fan of wings or swallows...
    the "wings" are just to pull in the tail, while keeping a straighter (faster) rail line on the first 3/4 of the board. They're relatively subtle, so I doubt they affect the ride negatively. Other than that, it's just a standard squash tail. The RV and the Puddle Jumper are the evolution of matts passion for designing groveler type boards for the "domesticated" rider. As long as you don't get it too thick, it should perform well...I'd ride one.

gotta admit, I wasn't stoked on the weak glass job on my V2 rocket, but my couch potato is glassed heavier - it's taken some pretty hard knocks without much to show for it. If the RV has a little extra weight to it, get it.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    the "wings" are just to pull in the tail, while keeping a straighter (faster) rail line on the first 3/4 of the board. They're relatively subtle, so I doubt they affect the ride negatively. Other than that, it's just a standard squash tail. The RV and the Puddle Jumper are the evolution of matts passion for designing groveler type boards for the "domesticated" rider. As long as you don't get it too thick, it should perform well...I'd ride one.

gotta admit, I wasn't stoked on the weak glass job on my V2 rocket, but my couch potato is glassed heavier - it's taken some pretty hard knocks without much to show for it. If the RV has a little extra weight to it, get it.
    Any board you buy from..Lost is garbage. That includes all models. Their glassing sucks big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    Any board you buy from..Lost is garbage. That includes all models. Their glassing sucks big time.
    boy did i learn that the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    boy did i learn that the hard way.
    Anytime a surfer up here tells me they just snapped a board, my immediate question to them is,"What model ..Lost was it?". They look at me wondering how does he know it was a ...Lost?? Never fails. Glassing sucks. Funny thing is, the glassing is weak for keeping weight down. I can reduce the same weight by going to take a pee.