close ad [x]

1. 3/2 wet suit this weekend, can I make it?

Can I survive in a 3/2 this weekend in OCMD? Anyone ever tried it?
    I'm only planning to be out for an hour at the most

2. 3/2 boots and gloves?..... Can be done. 45mins probably. If you haven't been in the water for a long time. It's probably worth it. No boots and gloves probably 10 mins and not worth it.

Big variation in quality of a 3/2. If it's a good 3/2 with taped seams and you have boots and gloves, I think you could definitely do it

Images
    If it's all you have then I would try it....but be prepared to be very cold very quickly...

my buddy is still in a 3/2 but he has an extra layer if you know what I mean...

+1 with having a solid suit, sealed, taped etc etc. As long as the air temps are reasonable and the wind isn't howling, you've got it. I'd give it a go if I didn't have something warmer.
    Last edited by offshore; Dec 30, 2011 at 12:29 PM.

Images
    ive been out in 45 degree jersey water with boots gloves hood in a taped 3/2. i lasted 30 minutes would not wanna do it again

With a heated wetsuit vest, you'd be good til your batteries ran out. Especially one of the better models! www.heatedwetsuitreviews.com has some info on them. I'm super stoked on mine.

Place this code at the end of your tag: