LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. About the electric keys, I know someone who surfs with the electric fob in his suit and the key still works

About the electric keys, I know someone who surfs with the electric fob in his suit and the key still works
    lol until the one day when it doesn't...seriously, when I was in HS 20 yrs ago the local dirtbags would wait until a swell hit and they would "harvest the crop" if your car was known, they'd leave it be, everyone else was fair game. Everyone knows or knew back then who they are. Just keep the electronic fob in an empty gatorade bottle and leave it or put undr driftwood etc.

If you have an "electric key" chances are you were able to afford a nice car. Go to the dealership, ask them to make you an "emergency key" that you can take into the water. I had to order mine, it took 72 hours. Brought in my key and they made a copy of it in 10 minutes.

$13.57 after tax. I surf much better knowing my car will more likely than not be there when i get back.

Images
    That sucks man, hate thieves. My last 2 vehicles (Fords) I have the keypad on the door. It's a $ 200 option, but was with the XLT package on each that I purchased. I would actually pay the $ 200 as an add it's that convenient.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Just keep the electronic fob in an empty gatorade bottle and leave it or put undr driftwood etc.
    Until the Cleaning crew shows up...

One word...keycode!

Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    So i ussually keep my keys behind my tire. Well I guess someone saw me do it today. Lost my ipod nano, gps, and my phone. worst part was that they took my car keys with them. So now my car is stuck in seaside heights, and someone down there has my car keys. If you see someone in that area with a baby blue ipod nano please be sure to sucker punch them in the throat. Thank you. Happy new years -__-
    That sucks man, but you should be able to go to a dealership and get a duplicate key made with the VIN number. Might have to show some proof of ownership, like an ID and your insurance card, but at least you can go pick your car up if you haven't already.

Maybe leave a note taped to your window reading "smile, you're being video recorded"... might be enough to make a crook think its not worth it.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    If you have an "electric key" chances are you were able to afford a nice car. Go to the dealership, ask them to make you an "emergency key" that you can take into the water. I had to order mine, it took 72 hours. Brought in my key and they made a copy of it in 10 minutes.

$13.57 after tax. I surf much better knowing my car will more likely than not be there when i get back.
    I asked Honda about this when I purchased my Fit, and they told me that it's "electronic keys only" from now on. I didn't care enough to dig deeper, but maybe this is actually true for some newer models. As a former gas tank hiding spot victim myself, I HATE having the electronic key. Sure, there are plenty of tricks, but it always feels better to have the thing inside your shorts or wettie. I once thought about the sand burial trick but was terrified that I would somehow not be able to find them again. Maybe we shouldn't share too many tricks on here, however, I would bet plenty of would-be thieves search for this type of thread...or maybe I'm just paranoid!

What year is your fit? My last two Honda's each came with 2 electronic keys and 1 valet key, the valet key I can take w/ me to the water.