LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camcorders

Images

camcorders

I was filming for my surf movie yesterday, and my camera has a really good zoom. My dad was filming with that camera from the shore. I came in and he said that all of the videos were blurry. Does anybody know of a goodcamcorder (as opposed to a camera that can take video.) that is cheap but still good?
    Last edited by kdiddy8; Jan 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM.

Images
    They were blurry probably due to the zoom being fully used. Yesterday, there was sun and clouds. That could of also grained up some of your vidz. What kind of cam are you using?

Images
    canon powershot a1100 IS
    with 4x optical zoom
    with 12.1 mega pixles

Images
    Expecting your powershot point-and-shoot-try-to-do-everything camera to deliver the goods is tantamount to expecting a Fiat 500 to drive like a Ferrari. It's just not doable. Start saving your coins to upgrade. If you require one camera to do all, look into a Nikon D7000 (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes)which will provide inter-changable lenses for both stills and video, but at a considerably higher price. If you have a REALLY limited budget, your best first investment would be in a solid tripod. That single purchase will do the absolute most to improve what you capture with your point-and-shoot camera. In the meantime, ask yourself what you really need in a camera, if it's only video, consider getting a dedicated video camera, but don't be fooled into thinking that any camera will do. 1) Opt for Optical zoom, NOT digital zoom! Digital is always considerably grainier. 3) Invest in quality optics (lens) because clarity and sharpness really depends heavily upon good glass in a quality arrangement and good mount.

MD Surfer,
    I'm looking to sell my GL2, its in perfect condition, kept in a hard shell case since day 1. I've only used the same brand/model tapes in it ( maybe about 25 tapes all together ) , and never used for capture. I also have the wide angle lens, and a small minidv sony cam for capture. What do you think I can get for it? I'd take $750 for all?

Images
    750$???
    i was thinking good and cheap

Images
    Sometimes B&H buys old gear, or you can poke around E-bay a bit. The difficulty you'll have getting top dollar is that the medium has abandoned tape in favor of flash media cards which allow for faster import of footage instead of in real time. I'm sort of stuck with my GL-2, but it still does what I want it to do, so I guess I qualify as a dinosaur, just like my camera. Kdiddy8, quality imaging depends directly upon quality gear, and that's rarely as cheap as you're thinking you can get. If I were you, I'd make a counter offer to spleeft and see if he's willing to deal, but I'd say he's made a reasonable offer if he's provided an accurate description. $189 will get you a Powershot like you've got, and you already know that it's not up to the task you want to do. I paid $2800 for my GL-2 five years ago.

Thanks for the help and advise MDsurfer !

Images
    No problema, just sharing my experience in the field. Wouldn't it be nice if politicians could be as willing to help without anything in return being necessary? Good luck with getting your camera sold. E-bay has one currently @ $406, but not with the extra import camcorder with it. I've found that logging footage with a Canon ZR-800 is a LOT less problematic than it was with the GL-2. Did you find likewise?

If your willing to spend, get the Canon 5D Mark II. Best camera out there for videoing in my opinion.